Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax!
Hi Guys

Good to see more people becoming addicted to the Greek culture!

The Linothorax construction is still debated, but if you wish to follow some plans Matthews are a good place to start. There is a school of thought (yes, im one of its main supporters) that the Linothorax was not actually glued and may have been quilted. If you do choose to make a glued linothorax I wouldn't bother making the round structure to glue it together, just glue it flat.

The other thing i would suggest is to only make the outside and inside layers of the Linothorax from Linen, use calico or cotton between these two the difference wont be noticed by anybody but the cost of production will be about one tenth of what it would cost to make one of all Linen.

any question you have just ask.

What ever you do. dont make it out of leather.

Jason
"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." Maya Angelou

Messages In This Thread
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by Jason Hoffman - 06-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Mooooooan - by Arthes - 07-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Re: Mooooooan - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 07-16-2006, 10:31 PM