Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Marble to Flesh...
Some time ago I started a project: Reconstructing living faces to Roman emperors from extant busts using Photoshop, my primary tool. These two were created without too much difficulty. Given time, I think I could make them quite lifelike. Those eyes were really difficult to align, they seem to protrude in every late antiquity bust...

[Image: probusvertailu.0.jpg]
Marcus Aurelius Probus, my favourite emperor

[Image: ConstantiusChlorusvertailu.jpg]
Constantius Chlorus, Dux Britannia
Hi
WOW, great work!!!
Go to Villa Borghese in Rome in person, or get a complete photo collection of their stuff, as they have a great collection of busts.

Jeff Wyss
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Great stuff!

Do you think you can do Vespasian?
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
I might try, though there's already a living Vespasian out there:

http://www.legiiavg.org.uk/military/emperor.html

Smile

I've visited Villa Borghese several times. It is a splendid collection.
Hyvä Sampsa!

I would like to see Julian the Apostate made this way. Anyway they simply look great!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Confusedhock:
that is great stuff!, good job
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Very impressive work. Smile shock: Smile

Will we see more...?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Creepy!
Extremely well done!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Confusedhock:

Nice work! What's next? Caracalla? Please, please, please... Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Greetings Dardanus,
Quote:Some time ago I started a project: Reconstructing living faces to Roman emperors from extant busts using Photoshop, my primary tool. These two were created without too much difficulty. Given time, I think I could make them quite lifelike. Those eyes were really difficult to align, they seem to protrude in every late antiquity bust...

[Image: probusvertailu.0.jpg]
Marcus Aurelius Probus, my favourite emperor

[Image: ConstantiusChlorusvertailu.jpg]
Constantius Chlorus, Dux Britannia
I have tried doing that myself...can't get the skin tones correct ....
yours are incredibly lifelike.......
Constantius Chlorus resembles Joaquin Phoenix - I noticed Comerus already noticed :wink: ..... it's really amazing the likeness......!
Regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Hi Caius here, thats pretty amazing especially Constantius pic its almost like looking at a picture of the man. Its really a neat way you have of getting in touch with a gone age Cheers Caius Valens/ thom
He who desires peace ,let him prepare for war. He who wants victory, let him train soldiers diligently. No one dares challenge or harm one who he realises will win if he fights. Vegetius, Epitome 3, 1st Century Legionary Thomas Razem
Hi caius,

Nice avatar.

I see you have a signature but what you must do is a) add your real name (it's a rule!) and b) activate the signature.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
From [url:2fnidvbx]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Seleuco_I_Nicatore.JPG[/url]
a not very good identikit of Seleucos Nicator
[Image: Seleuco-jpg.jpg]
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:a not very good identikit of Seleucos Nicator
Why not very good? Given the original, I bet his family would surely recognise him. Nice work.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I've just realised....we do have a rather Seleucid nose shape with a 'bump' on the ridge Confusedhock: ...maybe that so called 'ancestry' I found that traced back to him was correct after all......eeek :lol: :lol:
Anyone know where I can find a Seleucid for DNA testing purposes...hehe
My late father did have Seleucus's nose.... Sad
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-