Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Roman Rules
Admittedly for 6mm, but no doubt you could convert htem. Idea seems to be that each base is a cohort, the basic game unit is a legion, which most games don't represent properly<br>
<br>
Three versions, Caesarean/Early Imperial, Macedonian and Punic wars and Late Roman. When i downloaded it asked for a network password, but hitting cancel seemed to get rid of it, not sure what that's about. Opens as a word doc in IE<br>
<br>
www.soa.org.uk/main/rules/legio.htm<br>
<br>
<p><i>Unless the Persians fly away like birds, hide in the earth like mice, or leap into a lake like frogs, they will never see their homes again, but will die under our arrows</i></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
You can also get Simon MacDowells latest version of Comitatus - a set of rules for the Later Empire/Dark Ages - free as well. They consist of a series of Word documents.<br>
<br>
They've been posted to the files section of a Yahoo Groups list. If you go to Yahoo Groups groups.yahoo.com and search for "lateromanempire" you should find the group in question. You'll have to join to access the rules, however. <p></p><i></i>
The DBA rules are online as part of a computer driven game. It has decent graphics and seems to model the system well.<br>
<br>
the download is at www.dbaol.com <br>
<br>
You can play the game "hotseat" or via internet, and you can pay to join the tournaments if you want to. <p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, 1987</p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]