Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1/72 figures, need help posting them..
Guys, I don't have anywhere to image host a few pics of the 1/72 1st century Roman Legionarys I've painted. Can anyone let me know somewhere that does?<br>
<br>
(They aren't that great, actually, they are kind of crappy, but I figured as moderator of this area, I had better contribute something with-in topic!) <p>"Only Trajan could go to Dacia."<BR>
<BR>
Magnus/Matt<BR>
Optio<BR>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" </p><i></i>
Tuffie.<br>
<br>
www.webshots.com <br>
<br>
Thats an easy to use, and free host, but you won't be able to post images or directly link images on any message boards. Still, if you could go there and get 'em up and give us a link to a gallery you make, I'd be most interested. I've got a bunch of 1/72 scale figures and I'm just about to use a digital camera to get some photography done.<br>
<br>
Also, you might try villagephotos.com or cartorga.com. I haven't had much success with them, but you might.<br>
<br>
If you have a Mac for a computer, you can also get a Mac site for the last few weeks when their .Mac accounts are free.<br>
<br>
Looking forward to seeing your figures! What do you have? <p></p><i></i>
Ok, i just posted them on my website. I have 2 up there, an optio and signifer, with front and back pics. I also posted a lead fantasy figure, a dragon highlord to show that I can do a better job than I did on those poor Romans!<br>
<br>
I didn't use a wash on them, I should've, any other suggestions will be appreciated!<br>
<br>
www.geocities.com/legio_x...allery.htm<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>"Only Trajan could go to Dacia."<BR>
<BR>
Magnus/Matt<BR>
Optio<BR>
Very nice! Italeri Ceasarian era Romans, I've got a box of those done myself. I've got a thread here on this board that shows off mine, about the same quality as yours I think.. I used a wash myself.<br>
<br>
I dunno why you're poo-pooing your job unless its a case of humility when its not needed, those are damn good. Its very hard to get great detail in on a 1/72 scale figure, you did great. One thing you did that I didn't was put an edging on the mail, I didn't do that.<br>
<br>
What kind of paint are you using? I'm just using accrylic, and for the "wash" I just use a bit of black paint dilluted with water. I then use a sealent on the top of all of that to keep the paint from peeling with handling.<br>
<br>
Again, those are very very nice. Go to www.hat.com and check out some of the Roman figures shown there on the "everything toy soldiers page" and you'll see that your figures are TOP quality. <p></p><i></i>
Hey, thanks bvs, I thought that they weren't all that great. But I am usually hard on myself when it comes to self-criticism.<br>
I just use regular acryllic paints also, the kind used for "paper toll" and crafts. Then I put a layer of this water based varathane on them to preserve them a little.<br>
<br>
I guess I am on par then, I checked out that Hat website. Thanks man.<br>
<br>
What is a good size of figurine to get that allows for a lot of detail? <p>"Only Trajan could go to Dacia."<BR>
<BR>
Magnus/Matt<BR>
Optio<BR>
Well, anything bigger than that? M Seriously, you can get a lot of detail on 54mm figures, even more on 90 or 120mm figs. They'll be a LOT more expensive than your average 50-to-a-box 1/72 figs! <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
www.leadwarrior.com/<br>
<br>
I dunno if you looked at my stuff, if you found all my links on those pages you probably had to dig, but I've got a 54mm lead Centurio from the above supplier, actually got a deal on it from e-bay.<br>
<br>
Their models for their figures are actually from a reinacting Legio, though I do not recall which. <p></p><i></i>
Interesting. I'll have to check my local hobby shop the next time I am in buying sheet brass, to see what they can order me and from what supplier. What companies do you guys usually get your stuff from? <p>"Only Trajan could go to Dacia."<BR>
<BR>
Magnus/Matt<BR>
Optio<BR>
Leadwarrior's figs are based on the British Legio II Augusta. That centurio does look good, but I'm not sure about the rest. Some companies for 54mm figs: Andrea Miniatures, Pegaso, Soldiers Luchetti, El Viejo Dragon, Il Feudo. This site has a good overview of all available figures. <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I've been able to stock up pretty good on old ESCI Imperial Romans. At the moment, they seem to be the only 1/72 scale plastics with segmented armor. I think Revell made some as well, but I've never even been able to see what the figures look like.<br>
<br>
Both HaT and Italeri are developing some Principate Romans in segmented armor. I dunno how far along Italeri is, but HaT might have some new figures out in a few months. I hope anyway. I don't really do conversions for the most part and I'm looking for more figs.<br>
<br>
Other than that, lets see.<br>
<br>
Italeri has the Romans you're working on now, they're really good except for the fact that half the figures have their swords on the wrong side. You can shave them off and glue them on the correct side.<br>
<br>
Italeri also has some Roman cavalry for the Caesarian era.<br>
<br>
Then HaT has numerous sets for the Punic war. Hastatii, Principes, triarii, velites, "command" that includes standard bearers, tribunes, and trumpeters, cavalry, and numerous enemies for the Romans including elephants.<br>
<br>
A word of advice, if you find a set of HaT "Romans" (with a picture of Romans in segmented armor on the front) it is NOT a good figure set. Its a recast of some old 50s mold, the Romans are wearing hollywood armor, "wearing" their scutum on their arms, and throwing their pilum back end first. <p></p><i></i>
Too late, I already bought that crap set....lol<br>
<br>
boy was i dissappointed when i opened it up...hehehehe. <p>"Only Trajan could go to Dacia."<BR>
<BR>
Magnus/Matt<BR>
Optio<BR>
stop encouraging me jasper <p><BR><a href="http://pub45.ezboard.com/fromanarmytalkfrm6.showMessage?topicID=53.topic" target="Rules For Posting"></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
ODE EM "...must shake out Catiline's wallet..." <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Another site which seems to have pictures of just about every 54mm Roman cureently available<br>
<br>
www.scalemodelsoldiers.co...omans.html <p><BR><a href="http://pub45.ezboard.com/fromanarmytalkfrm6.showMessage?topicID=53.topic" target="Rules For Posting"></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
the ESCIs are returning thru Italeri any day now :-)<br>
<br>
Dave <p></p><i></i>