Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Military Diplomas V.
Ave,

I received a flyer today from the Roman Society announcing that Roman Military Diplomas V by Paul Holder is due out in June 2006.

The details are as follows:-

"Roman Military Diplomas V presents 154 diplomas, and incoporates them into the up-dated chronologies, witness lists, and indexes which are the key part of the Roman Military Diploma series.
A few of the diplomas were prepared by the late Margaret Roxan, and some others were found, after her death, in preparation. Otherwise the intention has been to bring together diplomas published by the end of 2003. But the large number published in this volume also reflects the active interest of collectors, and the result of metal detecting.
The lively market in diplomas has, however, also had less benign consequences, and the volume has an important appendix on the production of fakes.
The volume continues Margaret Roxan's Roman Military Diplomas 1954-1977 (1978), 1978-1984 (1985), and 1985-1993 (1994), which were published as Occasional Papers of the Institute of Archeology University of London, and Roman Military Diplomas IV (2003), which was published by the Institute of Classical Studies, as BICS Supplement 82. RMD IV and RMD V follow the format and continue the numbering of the diplomas and the pagination of the previous volumes.

BICS Supplement 88 ISBN 1-905670-01-X and 978-1-905670-01-7 xvi+310pp, colour+b+w plates, bibliography, appendixes, indexes cost GBP 80"

Further details may be obtained by email, fax, phone or letter.

If you wish to avail yourself of these details please PM me.

I'm unsure as to whether these will only apply to members of the Roman Society or not.

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
[Image: spedius-mcmxliii.gif]
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~
North London Wargames Group
Pfew! Hefty volume & hefty price!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Ave,

I received RMD V in the post this morning.

It looks a pretty impressive piece of scholarship.

I'm going to be busily updating my records for the next few days.

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
[Image: spedius-mcmxliii.gif]
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~
North London Wargames Group

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman diplomas exhibition Alexandr K 0 1,184 06-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Alexandr K