Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 mm or 1/300th anyone
Hi all,<br>
<br>
I have piles of 15 mm Romans, Germans and Gauls lying about (I collect plastic 1/72 as a rule but I got obsessed with making a 1:1 legion once, and then doing Alesia and Varus). It seems 15mm is out of fashion - much more on 25mm these days. Am I mistaken? And what about 1/300th - I am planning a 1/300 Maiden Castle diorama (I have a small house and anything larger would fill the place a la Close Encounters)<br>
Does anyone else wargame in 1/300th?<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Muzzaguchi <p></p><i></i>
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
a maiden castle diorama you say, sounds interesting, how bigs that gonna be in 1300? (thats 6mm right?) <p></p><i></i>
Hi Caratacus,<br>
<br>
I got the plans from the Ordnance Survey and then photocopied them to 1/300 - Its going to be about four metres long by about two wide - and that's just if i do the assault - if i want to do a Roman camp as well it will have to be the size of a small house!! :-) I'll have to wait and see if I can get (afford and paint) that many figs!! If this grandiose project comes to naught I might do the battle at the East gate and a cutaway of the fort (maybe show the barrow and earlier levels of occupation?) We'll see.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
well the wat the fort was developed over the years would lend itself very well to being done in sections, for example you could do a big semi circle with the twin gates in the middle, or you can use the rises of the fort to delineate it, should be interesting, any chance of stage by stage construction photo's? <p></p><i></i>
I'll try! I will keep you posted.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Murray K Dahm