Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle Wars
Quote:Hi Jim, I realize all that, no worries. I found Isle Wars to be indeed a fun little game, with sometimes a frustrating influence of randomness. Also, just like real risk, there seems to be a sort of breaking point beyond which you can still stretch the game, but the outcome seems determined.

Ave Jasper,

I agree the random element can be frustrating, but surely, that's just one more of the many challenges that Isle Wars throws at you to be overcome?

In my limited experience, Isle Wars reaches a 'tipping point' where, unless you (or the enemy) do something really dumb, you should either go on to win or maybe even to loose. Whichever you manage it's all useful experience that should assist in improving your game play.

Playing with the game settings at EASY and the armies at TEN gives many opportunities for experimentation. Once you're satisfied with that phase only then should you move your settings up, down or however you choose.

For those members who are curiously reading this thread I'm referring to the DOS version where all options are active.

It will be interesting to read what the other members make of the Isle Wars experience.

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
[Image: spedius-mcmxliii.gif]
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~
North London Wargames Group