Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hat.com
Does anyone have any type of updates from those outstanding looking minis from hat.com? I am very interested in getting some of those heavy legionaires (it's for a project for State Convention), but i haven't seen any info other than the pics from a few threads ago?<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
<br>
<br>
C. Brianus <p></p><i></i>
They're still in development. It'll probably be a good while yet before they're out to the public.<br>
<br>
HaT offers some Republican Romans of the Punic war era.<br>
<br>
Also, Italeri offers some excellent Republican soldiers. (specifically supposed to be Caesar's troops I believe) Note: Some of them have their gladius on the left hip, and it requires a bit of shaving and gluing to fix.<br>
<br>
You can find some old and very good ESCI Imperial Legionaries on Ebay pretty often, I'm currently bidding on 2 more boxes of them myself (search for "Roman 1/72.")<br>
<br>
If you just gotta have soldiers with lorica segmatata, then finding some ESCI romans is gonna be your best bet. I have a thread below that shows some of my completed HaT, Italeri, and ESCI Romans if you'd like a preview. <p></p><i></i>
Yeah, I checked out the Punic War stuff from Hat, looked pretty good, I might go ahead and get some of those just for the sake of loving to do miniatures, but I've been really wanting to get ahold some imperial romans. I'll check out the old threads.<br>
<br>
Multas Gratias Tibi,<br>
C. Brianus <p></p><i></i>
Glad I can help.<br>
<br>
As I said, keep an eye on e-bay for "ESCI" Romans, they're in segmented armor and are really good figures.<br>
<br>
I'd say that Italeri's figures are generally of a "sharper" quality than HaTs myself, I think while I build up my legions of chain mail Romans, I'm gonna use mostly Italeri with some HaT stuff in for balance, Triarri, or what have you.<br>
<br>
HaT also has some war elephants and scorpios that look real nice.<br>
<br>
*sigh* I wish I had more time to put into my miniatures. I've got 40 Italeri Gauls almost done, but I'm slowing down. The worst thing is, I've got 120 more ESCI Romans in the mail. I wonder when I'm gonna get the chance to work on 'em. <p></p><i></i>
Italeri is rereleasing ESCIs romans this month<br>
<br>
Hat's are apparently old airfix, at least the old Hadrains wall set is<br>
and they have those sets coming out probably early next year according to my last email to Hat<br>
Dave <p></p><i></i>