Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HASTA PURA Award RULES Discussion
Matt,

My congratulations, too.

I like that kind of work of Matt and Martin, because is artesanal like the roman one and so it show the imperfections produced by the manual tools. All the people that have ever seen authentic roman stuff have seen that "imperfect look".
Quote:Hereby the first Hasta Pura goes to: Matt L
Cheers!
Good for you Matt!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Congrats Matt!

Best regards,
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
The second Hasta Pura goes to ummos1501.
He provided information about his reconstruction: where the object is right now, problems in reconstruction, publication (mentioned, but still missing!), and a pic of the original, of the reconstruction, and of the publication.
As we award a good reconstruction here, the information about the original object is the most important part, then the method of reconstruction, and then the reconstruction result. Future participants are encouraged to take these things stronger into account.

Congratulation, ummos1501!
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
ummos1501? Ah, Martin Moser. Congrats, Martin!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Congrats Martin! Well deserved!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Wow, now that's a nice surprise for a Sunday evening! :-) ) Thanks a lot!

Quote:He provided information about his reconstruction: where the object is right now, problems in reconstruction, publication (mentioned, but still missing!), and a pic of the original, of the reconstruction, and of the publication.

:oops: you sent me scrambling through the heaps on my desk there - and I found it (Andreas Hensen, Renate Ludwig. Straße ins Jenseits. Die römischen Gräberfelder von Heidelberg. 2005) and updated the topic of my submission accordingly.

Many thanks again!
Here a few changes to the Hasta Pura award. Big Grin )

[size=125:1yoyetnz] 1. The Hasta Pura award will in future be given by a group of Forum Members. These Forum members are those who have received the award already, and me. We have a discussion bord, where we decide who will get the next Hasta Pura.

2. Nominees will have to follow a model nomation to make their own nomination. Any nominations that do not follow the model nomination must have a darn good reason for not doing so, and name this reason in the presentation.

3. The terminology for a "reconstruction" is quite clear: Reproduce an object with the methods with which it was made. As this is usually hardly achieved, it is O.K. to present any "reproductions", as long as the presentation clearly states why a compromise in the reconstruction process was made.

4. Nominees may only participate with one (1) object.

5. Nominations can be made by any registered forum user.

6. The award will no longer be given at a certain point, nor will there be any longer any deadlines. When a very good contribution is made, the award will be given
[/size]

[size=142:1yoyetnz]
Presentations are to be made in the following order:
[/size]

[size=125:1yoyetnz]
1.: You must provide at least one good picture of the object.

2.: You must name the original that is reconstructed, cite the publication(s) concerned with the object, and provide (a) picture(s) of the original.

3.: You must name who made the reconstruction, with what method(s), with what material(s), and you must name any compromises in material and reconstruction method that were made during creation of the object.

4.: Only the text and pictures to be seen in the presentation are used for appraisal, no links. If you have more than three pictures you may make several postings.
[/size]
Christian K.

[size=75:335u85fm]OK, but why shout so much? My eyes hurt..[/size] Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Just to avoid any further misunderstandings. Should be all clear now, I hope. Smile ?: :? D
Better now? Tongue
Christian K.

Marvellous. Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hasta Pura Nomination caiusbeerquitius 62 54,373 01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Edge Gibbons -- Hasta Pura Submission (1st Post) Gaius_Calvus 1 5,663 12-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Magnus
  Edge Gibbons -- Hasta Pura Submission (Final Post) Gaius_Calvus 2 6,185 12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Gaius_Calvus