Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get this straight...
Salvete!<br>
<br>
I've been lurking about this forum for quite some time trying to get things straightened out... reading abot dress and kit and such for the typical miles... and have finally come to the conclusion that since my skills have approved sufficently and I can now work with 3-D meshes, I'd like to try improving my military skins. I know there are some flaws with them, but on the other hand... too much detail is unreasonable given game limitations... and I know there are all sorts of ongoing debates regarding tunica colors... but if someone perhaps had a source for some pictures that everyone regards as reasonable examples of mid first century C.E. uniforms, I'd appreciate it a great deal. And...if you have some ideas for some other new costumes you'd like to see re-created, I'd like to hear them as I'm always looking for new material.<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Christy<br>
romansims.com<br>
<p></p><i></i>
-Christy Beall
"...pictures that <u>everyone</u> regards as reasonable examples of mid first century C.E. uniforms..." (emphasis mine)<br>
<br>
HA! Fat chance!<br>
<br>
However, Peterson's <u>The Roman Legions in Color Photographs</u> is a good source. There are others, and you can find both ends of the debate(s) easily just by following links to various reconstruction groups. <p>Salve,<br>
Triarius<br>
One of the pack, maybe. One of the herd, <i>NEVER!</I></p><i></i>
Thank you. That's a big help. Once I get something done, I'll post a pic for everyone to tear apart. I KNOW how much we all enjoy doing that. E EM <p>-Satsobek</p><i></i>
-Christy Beall