Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legion
Looks like the folks at Slytherine are progressing on the game Legion. Following is a note from Ian McNeill<br>
<br>
For anyone that is interested and wants to know more about the game go to www.slitherine.co.uk .<br>
<p>Aulus<br>
Legio XX
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Rich, what note do you mean? <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
oops..lost the note, but the general idea was, that they are closer to beta and wanted everyone to know they had a website up. <p>Aulus<br>
Legio XX
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Salve,<br>
<br>
There is an interview with Iain McNeil which has more details on the game at this page.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
Salve,<br>
<br>
In the last few weeks Slitherine has added a lot of information on his game <i> Legion</i>. There are interesting descriptions of various campaigns (Britannia, Gaul) of the game here.<br>
<br>
There is also an interesting and very active forum on the game and on some aspects of roman warfare and how it can be simulated in a game. The forum is here.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Marc <p></p><i></i>
This site is blocked here at work, but it looks like a preview is available?<br>
<br>
(snip) And now that I see it, no demo download! sorry..good screen shots though.<br>
<br>
clickthru.online.com/Clic...ErzoBeSsRR <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=richsc>RichSC</A> at: 4/18/02 3:15:57 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Hey guys, I was selected as a beta tester for "Legion", unfortunately I couldn't do it. But, I had recieved a number of e-mails from Ian, and I have checked the site rather frequently. This game looks pretty solid, if you can give the whole site a good once over, I think this should be a highly authentic and challenging (and fun) game.<br>
<br>
Rich, I think the beta testing has to be done before the demo is made? Not sure on that though...<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>Tiberius Lantanius Magnus<BR>
CO/Optio,<BR>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<BR>
(Matt)</p><i></i>
Highly authentic ...well, if you can ignore legionaries in lorica segmenta running around in 495 BCE, archers, no triarii, and lots of simmilar stuff.<br>
<br>
Challenging and fun - our fingers are crossed. <p>Strategy<br>
Designer/Developer<br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte
There is a new preview at GamesDomain, with some screenshots from the beta version.<br>
<br>
Marc<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Interesting that neither the Legion nor Imperium websites make it very plain what OS they are intended for. I suppose, depressingly, we have to assume they are developing just for Windoze. Whatever you say about Caesar III, at least it runs under Linux, thanks to Wine, so there's none of that tedious rebooting into the demon OS required;-)<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Sorry - yes it is primarily being programmed for Windows. Since I'm working primarily with Borland however, I'm hoping to be able to migrate most of the code to Linux as well, though, once they complete their cross-platform libraries. The only (current) problem with a conversion at the moment is that my 3D programmer is working with DirectX, but I'm hoping to convert him to OpenGL before this project is over. <p>Strategy<br>
Designer/Developer<br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte
Good to hear. Let's hope he sees sense ;-)<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Does anyone have any idea of a release date for this yet? I'm dying to get my hands on it...I haven't been this giddy for a game since the waiting for Medal of Honor for the PC! <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>
Legio III Augusta</p><i></i>
I spoke to the guys at Electronics Boutique this afternoon and they gave em a release date af about June 5.<br>
<br>
For those of you interested... <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>
Legio III Augusta</p><i></i>
It is the best game in the world with over 20 cpu enemies<br>
<br>
and great battles with 100ths of soldiers with big legions and other infaterists.<br>
there is horsemen and in the Legion 2 there will also be catapults and so on. <p></p><i></i>