Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE INFURIATINGLY IMPRECISE ORTHOGRAPHY OF LINEAR B
Stefanos,

nod! the 1400s and 1300s BCE were certainly fascinating, all over the place (and not just in Greece, but basically everywhere in the Old World)! We have a host of very important advances in societies and in sciences and technology through the middle and late Bronze which, in the Eastern Mediterranean, culminated with the (in)famous People of the Sea and the "Catastrophe" in the XII BCE...

Following the legends, and considering some of the Epigonoí (or their sons) were said to be in the War at Troy, I've moved back and determined that the beginning of the myth (with Laios's crime) to be the end of the XIV, beginning of the XIII Century, where warfare was still very much over chariot mounted archers with infantry support; later weaponry developments towards the Seven against Thebes siege and the War at Troy made the infantry much more capable of dealing with the chariots and they started to lose their importance in the battlefield... Once I have the novel finished, I hope this, and other things, will be clearly seen, as well as other social developments.

Do you have info about those archaeological findings? I'd love to "compare notes" with History (and the archaeologists that made the findings), maybe I'll be forced to move things back some years... Thanks!

Bronze Age is one of the most fascinating times in all History, as we see how things started from Neolithic and how civilizations began to sprout here and there, and how many traditions we have to day can be traced back to those days, in one way or another... It's certainly cool (and frustrating, but mainly cool)! :-) )

thanks for the help to everybody, now I know I'm going the good way with this... ;-) )
Episkopos P. Lilius Frugius Simius Excalibor, :. V. S. C., Pontifex Maximus, Max Disc Eccl
David S. de Lis - my blog: <a class="postlink" href="http://praeter.blogspot.com/">http://praeter.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread
Re: THE INFURIATINGLY IMPRECISE ORTHOGRAPHY OF LINEAR B - by P. Lilius Frugius Simius - 05-22-2006, 08:06 AM