Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any icehockey fans on RAT?
Salve!

Are there any ice-hockey fans here on RAT? The NHL playoffs have started long ago and the games are heating up and then there`s also the world championships.... Any favourite teams?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Hi,
Quote:Any favourite teams?
Well, Czech Republic of course (considering the World Championship) 8)
Unfortunatelly it doesn't seem, we are very strong this year. Today we play against Canada and these are always very thrilling and heated matches! I believe today we will find out, if Czech Republic can hope to fight for medals.
BTW: Nice match against Finland Smile
Greetings
Alexandr
Yes, that Czech vs Canada will be a good match. Those matches are always interesting, the canadiens trying to intimidate us europeans with their physical play. Unfortunately for them those days are long gone :wink: ....
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Yeah, now we just beat you in skill too. Big Grin (The olympics not withstanding)

Toronto Maple Leafs fan...more looking forward to next season given the changes they made, and hopefully will make.

Legion: TBD
You`re absolutely right, Magnus, double-scary :lol: !

Yesterdays game between Canada and Czechs was very good... Sidney Crosby played a great game and I´m beginning to like his playing despite the hype around him....

Btw, my favourite team is Detroit Red Wings, has always been, I don`t remember exactly why. Good news for the Maple Leafs is the fact that Aki-Petteri Berg won`t be playing there in the next season. In the new NHL it is recommended that players can skate too :wink: ....
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:Yeah, now we just beat you in skill too. Big Grin (The olympics not withstanding)
Tongue D

Quote:Yesterdays game between Canada and Czechs was very good... Sidney Crosby played a great game and I´m beginning to like his playing despite the hype around him....
Yeah! And quite scary at times. In the first period the Canadians looked like if they had a really good and long party the night before and in the second period it was the exact opposite. Sidney Crosby is fantastic player.

Interesting, I also like Detroit Smile D Since then I like Detroit, although I don't watch NHL very closely.

Greetings
Alexandr
I'm a devout Hurricanes fan and so far they seem to be doing very well. They won last night and the game last week, I can't remember specifically, when the Devils pulled ahead and two goals were scored in the last 30 seconds of the third period...that was amazing. One of the best games I've ever watched.
Gaius Tertius Severus "Terti" / Trey Starnes

"ESSE QUAM VIDERE"
Quote:Interesting, I also like Detroit And I know why. When I was young, we have had some ice hockey game on computer.

I have to admit that I am completely hooked on NHL2k6 on xbox :oops: ...
Yes, Sidney Crosby is very good. Then I must say that I saw some games of the Washington Capitals and Alexander Ovechkin must be the most talented young player I have ever seen; good speed & energy, amazing skills and a very good hitter also, which is a quite rare combination!

Quote:I'm a devout Hurricanes fan and so far they seem to be doing very well.

Yes, they are amazing too! In general the NHL games in this season are very good compared to the "old" NHL (the new zero tolerance of hooking, intereference etc. is really working for the good of the game!)
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Hahahah, I love Xbox hockey games, but I suck at them...lol.

It'll be interesting to see how Canada's hockey evolves in the next few years...I think the way the European teams played at the olympics was a real wake-up call to examine our programs here.

Legion: TBD
Hi,
well, I think Canada now plays more "European style" hockey than before and European teams are already accustomed to the hard play of Canadian/American hockey school. Thanks to the more and more international NHL the differences aren't so big today.

Yes! Ovečkin is also excellent player. A little bit individualistic, but the best shooters need to have the puck a little more often. I also like Malkin's play.

Greetings
Alexandr
Quote:Yes! Ovečkin is also excellent player. A little bit individualistic, but the best shooters need to have the puck a little more often.

Yes, I agree. Think about Ilya Kovalchuk, calling him a little bit selfish is an understatement! Also Maxim Afinogenov is skating with a very good speed and awesome skills until he`ll eventually loses the puck. At least in the world championships :wink: !

Quote:It'll be interesting to see how Canada's hockey evolves in the next few years...

I think the future is bright! You have young very talented players whose skill levels are very high. I think that hockey nowadays is a very good mix of skill & grit.... If someone had prophecied to me five years ago about these changes in the NHL, I can hardly think about my reaction to such a silly suggestion!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX