Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander/Gladiator/Germanic/Norman with Draco Miniatures
Greetings,
these are stunning
a realistically worn looking Alexander here....[url:3sv8qqis]http://hardytempest.moonfruit.com/alexanderthegreat[/url]
Check down for the others....a Roman Hastatus is in progress - (In Progress link)
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Alex looks great!....but the head look like Wolverine :lol:

anyway I like it A----Lot! :wink:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
The Germanic warrior has a few too many romantic/fantasy elements. He is wearing the strange fur-diaper-held-up -with-a-Conan-the-Barbarian-belt beloved of Nineteenth Century German painters but which has no basis in any evidence. And the axe over his shoulder is a 'francisca' throwing axe. The 'francisca' was a small, one-handed throwing weapon, not a massive battle axe.
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong
Very impressive.
Steve
Very nice paintings. I didn't know that painter, but who has won 2 Gold, 12 Silver and 8 Bronze medals at the Euro Militaire in Folkstone, must be a great one in his metier.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
I think I've heard of him before, but yeah, it is VERY nice work.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Don't you think the Alexander looks a bit old?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Yes, he does, but that may also be the sculpture
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine