Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Mods of Rome Total War
Hi all
I was taking a look at the mods of RTW and I was amazed to see so many different mods, I wonder is there any rated guide? I decided to submit the question to the Roman Army Talk forum, what is your favourite mod? BTW is the Barbarian Invasion worth buying?
AKA Inaki
Hi!
The most historically "accurate" mod is Rome: Total Realism (my favourite), many new units, nations, etc. Look at Modding legion too, it is minor skin/model mod, but very good.

BI is good, but I'm afraid it is not fully compatible with mods for RTW. Fortunately fans made several good mods for it, like nice units by Lusted (see pictureshere)
Martin
Rome Total Realism, as mentioned by Titus Martius, is an excellent mod for non BI R:TW (They are working on 7.0 which will take BI into account) SPQR 6.0 is good if you like INTENSE combat. The opponents come in fast and hard, armies build quick, and the fur starts flying right away. Those are the two I would go for. BI is not too bad for the campaign games, thought the fantasy units get a bit old.
Europa Barbarorum is the equal of RTR in the realism stakes and superior (IMO) in terms of historical details and the units and skins used.

I was a die-hard RTR fan, but EB has lured me away.

Both are excellent mods, however.
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong
Res Gestae mod looks impressive, but it is still in progress.
Martin
If you like greeks try the extended greek mod it gives them more units and some new ones Big Grin
[Image: hegbanner38ju14tq.jpg]
Josh
Quote:Europa Barbarorum is the equal of RTR in the realism stakes and superior (IMO) in terms of historical details and the units and skins used.

I was a die-hard RTR fan, but EB has lured me away.

Both are excellent mods, however.
I have tried EB, however I have some problems, form the first turn you are broken, or you have to disband a good number of units not to get bankrupted, and in few turns the AI bribed all my cities, including my heir, it looks suspiciously like the AI is cheating all the time
AKA Inaki
I just downloaded the "Fall of the Republic - Rise of the Empire" (FRRE) mod that gives you some heavily historically based campaigns - and some very large battles right off the bat.

Here is the link, and a slice of the Readme:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Take command as Caesar, Crassus, Pompey, Vercingetorix or Orodes in the waning days of the Roman Republic.

Five campaigns are included:

Caesar - 58 BC
Will you conquer Gaul and cross the Rubicon?

Crassus in the East - 53 BC
Will you defeat the Parthians and return to assert yourself as Rome's master?

Pompey - 49 BC
Will you escape to Greece and build an army capable of defeating Caesar?

The Gallic Rebellion - 53 BC
Will you lead a successful revolt to free Gaul from the Roman yoke for all time?

Parthia - 53 BC
Marcus Licinius Crassus is on the verge of invading, and your generals and sons are not to be trusted. Can you defeat Crassus while avoiding internal strife?

The First Triumvirate features unique victory conditions, challenging gameplay, four turns per year, and much more. And unlike many other mods, The First Triumvirate v1.9 uses the -mod: switch functionality provided by RTW. This means that no files are modified or installed that will prevent you from playing regular RTW games.

Barkhorn.
BarkhornXX
--------------------------
aka Scott Ryan
Quote:I have tried EB, however I have some problems, form the first turn you are broken, or you have to disband a good number of units not to get bankrupted, and in few turns the AI bribed all my cities, including my heir, it looks suspiciously like the AI is cheating all the time

I've only played it as the 'Sweboz'/Germanics and as Carthage. As the Sweboz I was broke to begin with because their lands are so poor, so I solved that by conquering more territory as quickly as possible.

As the Cathaginians I did have to disband several fleets and a few units which were too far from my frontlines to be useful and generally put my economy on a war footing. Once I'd done that, my economy took off in direct proportion to (i) territory captured and (ii) careful attention to building things in my cities that quickly maximised economic output.

Once I'd done this I swung my expenditure to producing troops and buying mercenaries. I haven't won yet, but I've taken Rome and the Romans are reduced to two cities up near the Po Valley, so I'm doing okay.

As for bribery of settlements, I've only found that a problem if I let the 'Happiness' factor in a city get too low. I've only lost one city that way and quickly won it back again (and put the treacherous dogs to the sword). EB seems to let the AI pull sneaky tricks like this more than vanilla RTW or other mods, but only if you give it an excuse to, in my experience.
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong
I am a huge RTS fan. I have been playing for a very long time. I got Rome Total War about 2 months ago and I am still trying to see what it is like to play with every unit. I did find a few minor problems with some of the units in the game, but it is still by far one of the best historically accurate games I have played to date. I would strongly recomend history lovers to get this game.
"I fear no enemy for the Legion is my strength. I fear not death for my strength is eternal."

Ben Geraci
Still playing Rome Total Realism Mod, eagerly waiting for the new 7.0 version to get finished. At this rate I begin to have my doubts about it.
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
I downloaded Res Gestae mod yesteday, still beta, but models/textures are excellent and better than in RTR. Just take a look on above link.
Martin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,271 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,916 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 91,266 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67