Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ultra-tiro game
Alright, here's a question that'll have most of you wagging your heads in disgust!<br>
<br>
I'm looking for a basic, introductory strategy-level Roman war game (a board game, no miniatures, no complicated tables). A game that can be completed in 2 o 3 hours by a 12-year old and (here's the wierd part) his aging father who has always looked upon all sorts of gaming with intense disinterest. Something that will neither bore the one nor exasperate the other. M<br>
<br>
Any suggestions?<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
<br>
Jno <p></p><i></i>
Try finding "Hannibal" by Avalon Hill -- it's fun, pretty basic, and yet requires a cunning mind. Your son will love it. Pretty sure you can come up with a copy at www.ebay.com <br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Years ago (nearly 20?) an outfit named SPI came out with a brilliant series of ancient combat board games. The Roman game was called "Legion." If you can find one they are easy to learn, historically accurate, and relatively easy to play. They allow you to use preset scenarios based on historical battles, or you can modify/create your own.<br>
<br>
I have no idea who, if anyone, acquired the rights to these games when SPI went out of business.<br>
<br>
You may be able to find one on ebay.<br>
<p>Salve,<br>
Triarius<br>
One of the pack, maybe. One of the herd, <i>NEVER!</I></p><i></i>