Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT - Not receiving notificatons from posts.
I don't know if anyone is having this problem, but the last week or so, not sure how long, when someone replies to a post I started I'm no longer getting a notification in my E-Mail. I check my profile and the E-Mail address is there and at the end of the post "Notify me when a reply is posted" is checked.

Thought I would throw this out there just in case this is happening to others as well.
Steve
Ave

I have the same problem :?

The last notification that I received was for "Star Signs" dated 29/4/06 and timed at 17.30.

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
[Image: spedius-mcmxliii.gif]
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~
North London Wargames Group
I used to have this problem until I changed my anti-spam options at my mail account.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Good thought. I do have a anti spam filter in place and the notification were all ready goint to the trash. I scan through the E-Mail trash evertime I check the E-Mail. they aren't showing up in there like they used to, which means I'm just not receiving them.
Steve
Hi Steve,
Your notifications are being sent out, but someone told your provider that the IP adress RAT is on (which is shared with like 500 other sites) sends out spam. I've tried to tell them it's not the case, but they're not being nice about it. If you have another mailaddress not on that server that you'd like to use, I'd be happy to change that for you.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Hi Steve,
Your notifications are being sent out, but someone told your provider that the IP adress RAT is on (which is shared with like 500 other sites) sends out spam. I've tried to tell them it's not the case, but they're not being nice about it. If you have another mailaddress not on that server that you'd like to use, I'd be happy to change that for you.

Once you're on a "Black list" gook luck removing your name. Yes I have another E-Mail address, should I change it in my profile or PM it over to you?

Thanks for looking into it.
Steve
Hi Steve,
Yeah, it's only sbcglobal though. Anyways, yeah, PM it to me and I'll change it for you.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:but someone told your provider that the IP adress RAT is on (which is shared with like 500 other sites) sends out spam.
These a***holes hire other a***holes to compile lists of spammers, who pretty much label everyone as a spammer, and then rake in loads of money.

A***holes all of them. Every single one. They are as worthless and as insidious as adware companies.

If I'm being vague, do let me know.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Quote:but someone told your provider that the IP adress RAT is on (which is shared with like 500 other sites) sends out spam.
These a***holes hire other a***holes to compile lists of spammers, who pretty much label everyone as a spammer, and then rake in loads of money.

A***holes all of them. Every single one. They are as worthless and as insidious as adware companies.

If I'm being vague, do let me know.

I had a problem with a list once and found that the large provider I was using, used lists from various places, one of them being a private user. After talking to him, it seemed that he put different companies on his list just so he could charge over a $1000 to remove it.

P.S.
I like the new picture of the soldier.
Steve