Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Roman SIMS
Here's one I stumbled across: not only Roman SIMS, but barbarian SIMS, legionaries, gladiators, female gymnasts (!), an entire villa, toilet sponges, toy legions and more.<br>
<br>
www.romansims.com/index.htm <p>Aulus<br>
Legio XX<br>
ICQ 940236
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Yes, I believe this was on Off Topic some while back -- great fun, if you're a SIMS fan like I am. I have the perfect Roman villa now!<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
I don't quite understand. Do I have to have some kind of program to use these files? <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=3>
__________________<BR>
CASCA TARQUINIUS<BR>
<a href=http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org> LEGIO IX HISPANA</font></font><BR><font color=gold><font size=3>
__________________</font></font></p><i></i>
Indeed. These files are for the computer game <i> The Sims</i> and its various ad-on packs. It's something of a cultural phenomenon. You can probably purchase it for $30 these days. The game allows you to control the life of a person called a "Sim." You can have them marry, get jobs, order pizza, etc. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=shiro>Shiro</A> at: 12/21/01 12:46:47 am<br></i>
Darn. I remember that game and thinking how pointless it was, but the idea of a Roman game is making me rethink that.<br>
<br>
Is there a goal?<br>
<br>
I never thought of it as a strategy game, but is it one in the same sense that <i> Railroad Tycoon</i> is? <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=3>
__________________<BR>
CASCA TARQUINIUS<BR>
<a href=http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org> LEGIO IX HISPANA</font></font><BR><font color=gold><font size=3>
Basically, the goal is to make your Sim happy and buy them lots of stuff! Sounds like life...<br>
<br>
J. <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
So you're God?<br>
<br>
Can you kill people? <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=3>
__________________<BR>
CASCA TARQUINIUS<BR>
I'm not an expert but I don't think you can kill other sims. You can kill your own though. M <p></p><i></i>
Not god-like enough... <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=3>
__________________<BR>
CASCA TARQUINIUS<BR>
Well, if they have a low Cooking score and you have them trying to use a gas grill, they can start fires. Those are bad... if the Sims catch on fire they run around screaming and eventually burn to death. Quite horrible.<br>
<br>
I understand bad things can happen when fixing light bulbs if you have a low Mechanical score too...<br>
<br>
J. <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

<b><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> I understand bad things can happen when fixing light bulbs if you have a low Mechanical score too...<hr><br>
<br>
Yes...yes, they can. <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=3>
_________________________________<BR>
CASCA TARQVINIVS GEMINVS<BR>
<a href=http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org> LEG IX HSPA COH V CEN VIII CON III </font></font><BR> <font color=gold> <font size=3>
_________________________________</font></font></p><i></i>
Well, see! I told you The Sims was like life...<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

This worries me..if you have poor mechanical or bathroom aptitude, what happens when you use the sponge on a stick? <p>Aulus, Legio XX.
the High Noise, Low Signal person for RAT.
ICQ 940236
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Haha! Actually, you can't really use the sponge on a stick, consider it a decorative object! E EM But somehow, it wouldn't have been right NOT to include it! As far as killing sims are concerned, it is entirely possible to kill any sims in the game at any time. There are variety of intriguing choices, start a fire by putting flamable things by a fireplace and not having a smoke alarm, trapping sims in a pool and taking out the ladder so they drown, or my personal favorite, walling them in a room with out things they need until they starve to death! ODE EM<br>
<br>
And of course, you can do this to any sim at any time... just invite them over to whatever house you are in and go to town! But really, why would you WANT to kill your poor little Sims?<br>
<br>
And don't worry, there is no skill involved in going to the bathroom... you'll always be fine there... unless you perhaps drink a bit too much punch...<br>
<br>
-Satsobek<br>
Founder www.romansims.com <p></p><i></i>
-Christy Beall
Oh hey, welcome to the forum. I like your site, downloaded everything. I love building my own "domus aurea!" E EM<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sims Modeling satsobek 18 3,655 02-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Last Post: satsobek