Imperial Roman Legionaries www.hat.com/Prev/Prev8064.html<br>
Imperial Roman Auxiliary<br>
www.hat.com/Prev/Prev8065.html<br>
<br>
What do you guys hink of these?<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Geert <p></p><i></i>
Well, if the figures turn out that finely detailed (which remains to be seen), I'd say go for it! The masters sure look good for 1:72 figs.<br>
<br>
<p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
... apart from the guy wearing his armguard on the underside of his arm. Great elbow protection if surprised from the rear, but not a lot of use in conventional combat... Might buy my son some when he's grown tired of Warhammer and LOTR - strictly for research purposes, you understand...<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Interesting to note on these pics the classic "Trajan's Column" effect. The artist portrying hamata with a pitting pattern.<br>
<br>
I like these figures! <p></p><i></i>
I can't get the "where to buy" page to come up, and i'm interested in their roman collection that is already out. Where could I order a couple sets of these? <p></p><i></i>
Try this place, Michigan Toy Soldiers and Historical Miniatures.<br>
<br>
www.michtoy.com/ <p>General Ng<br>
10th Praetorian Rifles: Caesar's Eagles
<p>
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori ("A sweet and decorous thing it is to die for one's country") - Horace

</p><i></i>
Beware of HAT's old sets. I bought one set, a 1:72 scale called "Romans", with 55 pieces. The picture on the front showed 1st century romans in segmentatas chucking pila. When I opened the box, the figures may as well have been old chewed up pieces of bubble gum. The detail was absolute junk, and wrong, the set came with a chariot....what? Yes, a chariot. I hope the latest set of "heavy infantry" they have derived from Trajan's column is better, otherwise save your money.<br>
<p>Tiberius Lantanius Magnus<BR>
CO/Optio,<BR>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<BR>
(Matt)</p><i></i>
E EM Who could get tired of LOTR??? <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Salve,<br>
<br>
HAT has a range of old Airfix figurines as well as original sets. The Romans you bought were based on the Lindenschmit reconstruction of theCrispus tombstone. They were issued together with some Britons, also with chariots and offered with a fortlet as well.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
Hey, I didn't get a fortlet with mine! I didn't know they came with britons, thanks Sander. But the detail of the figures are still as good as chewed pieces of gum! A big difference for doing lead figures!<br>
<br>
Does anyone know when HAT's latest set is due out? <p>Tiberius Lantanius Magnus<BR>
CO/Optio,<BR>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<BR>
(Matt)</p><i></i>
Jasper, the reason these masters " look so good for 1:72" is because they are really BIG, I think 9 inches high. Generally, the later generation hat figures are quite acceptable. I have over 10,000 painted already for the big Roman Army exhibit in Rosenheim last year. There were nearly 15,000 altogether, representing the three legions of Q. Varus, the others were primarily Esci. I have assisted Hat in the development of all of their ancient figures. We are now developing a line of late/dominate figures based on the latest archaeological evidence. They probably won't be seen until next year though. If you want to see these, maybe you'll want to stop over after Mainz. <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Aventine Miniatures Early Imperial Romans SUETONIUS PAULLINUS 0 3,380 10-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Last Post: SUETONIUS PAULLINUS
  1/32nd Scale Imperial Romans Narukami 8 5,052 02-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  New 1/72 Imperial Romans From Zvezda Narukami 2 2,607 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Narukami