Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop & Coulston RME available!
Avete, amici!

A little bird told me that about 1,000 copies of the new Bishop & Coulston have reached Oxbow / David Brown Books, and will be available for shipping within days, if not minutes.

Anyway, I went to the Oxbow site and, sure enough, it was there!

Anout 750 have been pre-ordered, so if you haven't got your order in already, don't hesitate!

Can't wait to get it in my hot little hands...
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
... and ye reenactors heard and believed it not, but it was true, and there was much rejoicing and praising of the heavens, and a mightie greate partie!
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
For RAT-ers it will be relevant to know whether Oxbow still has the discount they promised us (a loooong time ago!)
Rich, did you arrange that?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
So I ordered the hardback... which both hard and softback editions are available? ...I hope?....

Ralph Izard
Are you really sure?

On the oxbow site it is still advertised as 'not yet published'.

Well there's one person who can give us the answer :wink:

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Quote:On the oxbow site it is still advertised as 'not yet published'.
I saw that as well, but I thought I'd better order it anyway just in case there's a mad rush from RAT et al.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Avete, amici!

A little bird told me that about 1,000 copies of the new Bishop & Coulston have reached Oxbow / David Brown Books, and will be available for shipping within days, if not minutes.

Anyway, I went to the Oxbow site and, sure enough, it was there!

Anout 750 have been pre-ordered, so if you haven't got your order in already, don't hesitate!

Can't wait to get it in my hot little hands...

Me too ;-) I have heard nothing so cannot confirm this; it is also slightly early in my own personal guesstimate/best-case-scenario view of things; given what I know of how printers and finishers work and the fact that Easter was in the way, I reckoned another fortnight at least.

As soon as I have a copy in my hands, the website romanmilitaryequipment.co.uk will change to acknowledge the fact. Until then, this is vapourware.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:Me too ;-) ) I have heard nothing so cannot confirm this; it is also slightly early in my own personal guesstimate/best-case-scenario view of things; given what I know of how printers and finishers work and the fact that Easter was in the way, I reckoned another fortnight at least.

As soon as I have a copy in my hands, the website romanmilitaryequipment.co.uk will change to acknowledge the fact. Until then, this is vapourware.

Ah, but my source is highly placed and quite reliable. Even provided numbers of hardbound and paperback copies. However, he did say the books were still in packing cases and it might be a few days before they're ready to ship.

The long wait will soon be over!
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Yes Jasper, they did promise a 10%, so mention RAT and see if they still remember doing that.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:Ah, but my source is highly placed and quite reliable.

So not one of the authors, then (I checked with the other one!).

Mike Bishop

on amazon you can pre order them as well
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Well, I just sent them an email, let's wait for the reply....
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:So not one of the authors, then (I checked with the other one!).

Mike Bishop

No, no, not one of them. The authors are usually the last to know! :wink:
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Quote:
Quote:So not one of the authors, then (I checked with the other one!).

Mike Bishop

No, no, not one of them. The authors are usually the last to know! :wink:

Ah, but we're the ONLY ones who know where the secret encoded messages are concealed. I'm afraid I chickened out and removed the fake footnote that the Good Dr Coulston and I concocted late one night in our cups... at least I think I did!

Since I now know who your Deep Throat is it looks like the wait is indeed nearly over. There just remains the small matter of the film rights to settle...

Mike Bishop

I just spoke with DB and they said they didn't have the books, and a quick check showed that the UK folks didn't have it either. The fellow remarked that there were quite a few preorders.

The 20% discount is shown for the paperback on the website, that is $32 instead of $40 for the paperback. The hardback has the same discount for pre-order but this isn't shown: the discount from the $80 price is $64.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bishop and Coulston edition 2 mcbishop 35 5,465 07-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Vincula
  Book Values: Bishop&Coulston richsc 1 2,380 05-26-2001, 06:59 AM
Last Post: JRSCline