Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop & Coulston RME available!
Sorted. Oooh, the line drawings... 8)
So many belt fittings & only one waist!

And a nice full view of Tarbicvs' icon. Mmm, that gladius may need a bit of polishing... :wink:
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Avete,omnes,
I just spoke with David Brown Books(u.s.) and they
told me it's not published yet. I told them I knew people that
had already received theirs but they say they won't have them until June.
Arrrgggghhh!!! Sad
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Finally!! My copy arrived...
Pleased, chuffed, etc, etc.

So far, just one minor error in spelling (they misspelled Aitor's name wrong just once in five quotes - well done Aitor!). And one misattributed picture of a helmet (the Budapest is meant, not the Berkasovo I) and a plumbata (one from Catterick is really from Burgh Castle).
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Mine too! Huzzah!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Oxbow told me they were swamped with orders and were slow getting them out. Which is probably why mine hasn't shown up. Anyone in the US received theirs yet?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Richard beat me to the question of whether anyone in the US had received their copy, yet. Since he and I are both on the East Coast and I have not gotten mine either, I'll try to be a bit more patient.

The other curiosity-type question I have is whether they were being shipped surface mail (via ship) or airmail. Obviously, the surface method would take longer.

Just like the song, which includes the line "I want my MTV!", well, I want my RME-2! My RME-1 is currently on display at the New Britain Public Library (New Britain, Connecticut) along with an actual 4th century AD military belt fitting.

Quinton/Marcus Quintius Clavus
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
Uh, thanks, Robert... :oops:
Mine arrived on Tuesday
(Yes, I noticed once more that 'Iriate', one more of Mike's famous misspellings :roll: !)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Quote:Uh, thanks, Robert... :oops:
Mine arrived on Tuesday
(Yes, I noticed once more that 'Iriate', one more of Mike's famous misspellings :roll: !)

I think what is needed here is a sense of proportion; the name occurs 10 times within the text with only one literal (it obviously isn't a mispelling per se as it occurs 9 times correctly!). I am however intrigued by what these other 'famous misspellings' might be, given the amount of time and effort I put into copyediting (and we both put into proofreading) the thing...

Incidentaly, the only bok ever to apppear without literalls is reputedally the Guttenberg 422-line bibble (make off that what ewe will) and evan that claime has bean doutbed (mark of that what yew will!).

Mark Boship
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Oh, Mark, how nicky-picky... Tongue
I have been already dragging that 'Iriate' from yours for a time and I remember some 'Leidendorp' for 'Leiderdorp' but, to be fair, they are insignificant blunders compared to the rest of great good job! :wink:
In any case, it wasn't my intention to convey the idea of possible blunders on 'Roman Military Equipment', which I haven't had time to read in detail yet! Smile

Haitörk
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Quote:I think what is needed here is a sense of proportion; the name occurs 10 times within the text with only one literal (it obviously isn't a mispelling per se as it occurs 9 times correctly!).

Don't think too light of it!
At the moment my government is punishing a member of parliament for using her mother's last name instead of a father's for her naturalisation - she resigned from parliament (because they say she does not exist) and she'll have to return her passport too. Sad

Sorry that was inforgivably OT!

I think your misnaming of that helmet and plumbata were far worse. :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote: think your misnaming of that helmet and plumbata were far worse. :twisted:

Scarcely - it's late stuff so a) not from my end of the timeline and b) intrinsically dull (because it's late) ;-)

Seriously, the Catterick plumbata cock-up was in edition 1 and nobody pointed it out... so it didn't get changed!

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:Seriously, the Catterick plumbata cock-up was in edition 1 and nobody pointed it out... so it didn't get changed!
That must be why - I never managed to get hold of that one (or I would've told you). Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Avete,Amici,
Has anyone in the US received their copy yet?
I just got off the phone with David Brown Books(us)
and they're telling me it has been pushed back another month
for shipping across the pond.
Oh, double darn!!!!!!!! Sad
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Quote:Has anyone in the US received their copy yet?

No, and I think it's been six weeks at least!
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
From David Brown Books,

"The shipment arrived this past Friday. Your two copies will be headed out this afternoon. I apologize for the unexpected delay. "

Whoo-hoo, hopefully we'll see this soon here in the USA!
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bishop and Coulston edition 2 mcbishop 35 5,515 07-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Vincula
  Book Values: Bishop&Coulston richsc 1 2,412 05-26-2001, 06:59 AM
Last Post: JRSCline