Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Location Of Members (LOM)!
Ave!

As of today we have 744 members and, so far, only 50 have indicated were they are located.

Where are users from

Rank From where How many
1 UK 9
2 Canada 7
3 Germany 6
4 Belgium 5
5 USA 5
6 Nijmegen, The Netherlands 4
7 London 4
8 France 4
9 Ontario, Canada 3
10 California 3
Total 50

This little chart, copied from today's stats, shows, what I assume, is the top ten list. You will notice three sets of colours indicating double entries. Perhaps these could be grouped together so that more countries may be listed.

I've instigated a topic named, for want of a better title, "How Many Members From The UK Are Here?". So far there have been 11 posts, 8 of them from the UK, with 142 views.

Why don't other members, from different countries, launch their own topic asking a similar question?

We have several members from Spain, Australia and from many other countries. They are not listed in the chart, why not? Because their profiles don't include their location? Check your own profile and, if necessary, ammend it.

Don't you agree, that it would be a good idea, if all members could at least indicate in their profiles which country they are posting from?

Each week I will publish a new chart, let's see if this appeal has had any effect. Which country will occupy the number one position?

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
[Image: spedius-mcmxliii.gif]
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~
North London Wargames Group
I have had my location (Australia) listed in my profile for a year.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Quote:Perhaps these could be grouped together so that more countries may be listed.
Since it's automatic, the answer is no, unless people enter just their country in their profile, instead of city, and consistently use the name (i.e. everyone uses either UK ór United Kingdom).
It's quite simple, if everyone filled out their country only in location, the US would be no.1.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:6 Nijmegen, The Netherlands 4
I know Nijmegen houses some important members, but...
There are far more Dutch members than those from Nijmegen!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Big Grin I know
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
there is a site online that allows you to enter your zip code and name etc and it puts lil pin points on the map showing where everyone is from etc. i'll look around this evening to find the site
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
I have put my location and at least 2 other members from my country hace appeared.
Kind regards
Ok. Changed my location to The Netherlands. Happy now, Robert?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I've changed "Holland" into "The Netherlands".
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I thought my location had been indicated for some time now. Another Aussie.
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong
Quote: Perhaps these could be grouped together so that more countries may be listed.

Hi Spedius

Sorry for being thick, are you asking us to remove the city etc locations from our profiles & just stick to countries? So instead of (e.g.) "York, UK", we should put 'UK'?
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Quote:
Spedius:128diili Wrote:Perhaps these could be grouped together so that more countries may be listed.
Hi Spedius
Sorry for being thick, are you asking us to remove the city etc locations from our profiles & just stick to countries? So instead of (e.g.) "York, UK", we should put 'UK'?

Ave Salvianus,

No, AFAIK your profile is OK.

The profiles where a city, a state, a county or Roman names are used don't register as UK, USA, Spain or any other country.

If you read my last post in the topic mentioned in the opening post in this thread, all will be explained. Was that some kind of English that I've just written?

If you are now suffering from severe brain damage, like me, I'm sorry.

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~
speaking of statistics but Jim, did you know that you are the fastest user around here: 88 days membership with an average post of 6.45 Messages per day

Confusedhock:
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:speaking of statistics but Jim, did you know that you are the fastest user around here: 88 days membership with an average post of 6.45 Messages per day
Confusedhock:

Ave Jeroen,

I didn't realise that, what a surprise!

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~
Ave all!

Contrary to my earlier statement, the only way for your location to register towards a combined total, is for your country to be the only item in the location box.

London - wrong
London, UK - wrong
London, England - wrong
Glasgow, Scotland, UK - wrong
Cardiff, Wales, UK - wrong
Belfast, N. Ireland, UK - wrong

UK - right

If you wish to elaborate on your location you can always add your own details to the interests box (as per the example below)

Apologies for the earlier misunderstanding. :oops:

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
~~~~~~Jim Poulton~~~~~~