Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New T-shirt!
Quote:They also usually have a smaller, shall we say more elegant, image that could be suitable for a wider range of settings.
ROFL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You won't be getting that from me!
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:ROFL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You won't be getting that from me!
Nice to see that you recognized no offense is intended. The images on the t-shirts are great (and I'm buying one for my son) but I need another casual shirt like I need a barbarian horde overrunning my villa. Salve sis!
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Just glanced at the web, and here's a place that will sell what appears to be quality shirts for under $20 (yes, it's in the States) in lots as small as four... http://www.queensboro.com/new/1430.html
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Sounds good...put me down for one! As for the symbol on the shirt, what about the Crista Transversa (see Primitivus bio, as well as other worthies) on the left breast, with Romanarmy.com underneath it? A symbol almost anyone would recognize and understand.
Quote:What about the Crista Transversa..?
That would be an excellent option...
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
I think the artwork of the Charging Legionary is extraordinary.

I just received the shirt.

Unfortunately, the artwork does not translate well. Most of the detail was lost. The shield has virtually no image at all. I'm not sure what the problem is or whether Cafepress can do anything about it. But it might be nice to have some other media to get it on.

Could I order a 8x10 print for example?

Thanks.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Hi Tony,
Yes, we have discovered that the black t-shirt suffers from print problems. Cafepress did notify us that it was a beta, but it clearly needs some 'patching' before it's ok.
Please, if you're not happy with it, return it to Cafepress. On the other hand, we're going to (temporarily) stop selling this black shirt, so you do have an almost unique! :wink:
Seriously, we're really sorry this t-shirt is not up to standards!

I would like to note though that all of the other t-shirts look great-- I've seen them all in person!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
It's all right. It's still pretty cool. Like I said I love the art. I wouldn't dream of returning it.

There was one other small problem with the printing. The colors were slightly off. Specifically the tunic appeared to be red rather than white. I'm sure this will be easily corrected.

Thanks for your time and attention.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
The tunic is supposed to be red, I think, unless Tarbicus gave you his special spotted version :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine