Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News
Hello all,
On the 11th of April I am going on a trip to Italy with a group from my school. We will be going to Rome, Naples, Asisi, Capri, and other cities. My question is for anyone that has been to Italy, what is there worth seeing in those places? And moreover, anyone have some recomondations for souvineers or places to get them from? I just want to get an idea.
~~ Thanks
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Who told you to die! Keep fighting!

If anyone knows of anything in Long Island, New York please tell me.
A good secret in Rome is the Centrale Montemartini, which has a lot of ancient sculpture; the fun is that is in a nineteenth-century power plant, so you will see the beauties of antiquity and the industrial age in one museum. Metro Garbatella, Via Ostiense 106.

Also, try to go to Ostia.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Naples has a big museum of antiquities where large parts were closed when I was there. If that's better now: bring your camera, cause all the moveable goodies from Pompeii (including the Alexander mosaic) are there!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I'll be sure to bring my camera Jasper and if I get any good pics i'll post them here if you want.
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Who told you to die! Keep fighting!

If anyone knows of anything in Long Island, New York please tell me.
Sure!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
If you are able when you're in Rome, take them to Ostia Antica - easily accessible on the Metro Linea B. The ruins are fantastic, all the kids (and adults) I've taken there have loved it, not least because you can go up lots of the insulae, there's a Roman 'pub' where someone gets to be a Roman innkeeper, and the multi-user toilet sadly fuori servizio (it's roped off), but if you look carefully behind the temple of Rome & Augustus at the back of the forum you can find another with several seats you can sit on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good news for European buyers..... MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 13 2,164 08-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  Good news for Dutch re-enactors looking for transportation!! MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 15 3,370 11-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Memmia