Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW RECRUITS
Neither was the Spanish one! Though Pijus is a "latinized" form of the Spanish word PIJO, meaning some snobbish rich and stupid person, what in Mexico is called a FRESA (also strawberry)... And, of course, Aitor has nothing to do with that! He fits better the Anglo-German meaning... Confusedhock:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
SALVE

Another time, i do'nt agree with my friend FAVENTIANUS. :twisted:

Pijo in spanish means too the pennis. So Pijus Magnificus means a great pennis, like the german and english versions.

I'll propose the Cohors Prima Gallica web page to the award, when it's works.... :lol: :twisted: :evil:

Hola Toni, Tu quoque, filii?
Pijo means pennis in Spanish too!!??!? Confusedhock:
You'll never go to bed without learning something new!
Brother in laaaaaaaww laaaawwww awwwww awwwwwww!!!!
Ivan Perelló
Oh well, you're making a mountain out of a grain of sand... :oops:
Of course, the aka has nothing to do with myself, it was just a way to show the rest of my group that, in my opinion, it is not good to take too seriously a Roman 'identity' and name... :roll:

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Salvete all

In case you haven't figured it out, I've decided to go with a new Screename for RAT v2.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Hi there,

I'm Christoph, and I am researching the history and development of the Imperial Fleets on the Northern Frontier a the University of Nottingham - at least working with the little material there is!

Its brilliant to see so many interested people here - if anyone knows anything of value about Roman Naval activity let me know!

Must be off - so much to read here, so little time!
Christoph Rummel
Welcome both!!
Ivan Perelló
I'm definitely new...

My name is Trey, I'm originally from Hickory, North Carolina, but I currently reside in Washington DC while attending George Washington University. I became interested in Rome after my mother bought me a wooden gladius when I was eight or nine and I decided to pursue it in college after two classes, one with Dr. Eric Cline, and the other with Professor Joseph Stumpf...two excellent academics.

As far as specific interests in Rome, I enjoy everything from the Republic to the Empire. I specifically enjoy Roman Britain, and Post Roman Britain (including the legend of King Arthur). I also find the mystery surrounding Legio IX Hispana to be very interesting....I look forward to enjoying all that this site and forum has to offer.

-Trey
Gaius Tertius Severus "Terti" / Trey Starnes

"ESSE QUAM VIDERE"
Welcome to RAT, Trey!
I myself focused on Roman Britain, before I got sidetracked by the navy and the Samnites... :roll:
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Quote:As far as specific interests in Rome, I enjoy everything from the Republic to the Empire. I specifically enjoy Roman Britain, and Post Roman Britain (including the legend of King Arthur). I also find the mystery surrounding Legio IX Hispana to be very interesting....I look forward to enjoying all that this site and forum has to offer.
Hi Trey,
I´m not sure if there´s any mystery concerning Legio IX, but have you read about Vortigern yet? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello everyone,
Im completely new here and I gues I should start with introducing myself. My name's Gavin and I am a high school student. Please dont take me for a fool or as someone with a passing interest. I happen to love roman history and feel a special connection with it. Just give me three years and ill be turning out. Im from Long Island, New York.
Whats the closing in latin, i think its salvete?
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Who told you to die! Keep fighting!

If anyone knows of anything in Long Island, New York please tell me.
Salvete is fine Gavin. Welcome to RAT!
Make yourself at home here and join in the fray, but before you do, please add your real (first) name to your signature.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Salve Trey! You have a local Roman group LegioXX in the DC area. We have monthly workshops, first Sat of each Month as well as events. You're more than welcome to stop by. We are also having our annual Lupercalia party later this month, Feb 18, and you're welcome to that as well.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Sure no problem, I just fixed my signature.
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Who told you to die! Keep fighting!

If anyone knows of anything in Long Island, New York please tell me.
Now you should activate it at your profile preferences... :wink:
Ivan Perelló