Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW RECRUITS
Salve,<br>
<br>
Welcome to the board. If you are interested in Roman reenacting in the Netherlands you could contact the Gemina Project of which I used to be a member.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
Haha, nog een Nederlander alhier!<br>
<br>
Welcome to the board! <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Ah good! We could always use another writer on the board<br>
Welcome! There are a couple writers here that I know of including Casca Tarquinius and myself. Casca has posted<br>
fragments of his work in the Off Topic forum. There are some exceptional pieces of work there that you may want to take a peek at.<br>
<br>
~Quintus<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Salvete,<br>
I've been following RAT etc since finding it early this year. I've enjoyed it so much that the thread on new recruits finally prompted me to register and introduce myself..I'm a 40 old<br>
Highway Patrol officer from New South Wales (Australia, hence the alias). Iv'e been interested in Rome since a boy (another young victim of Eagle of the ninth et al). It was re-awakened reading McCullough's 'First Man in Rome' series. In view of the high degree of Scholarship/knowledge displayed in most of the posts, I doubt I'll be able to contribute anything but questions. So I've registered and posted as an expression of appreciation.<br>
<br>
Valete (Vale?)<br>
Australis (aka Ian) <p></p><i></i>
Hi Australis,<br>
Welcome to the board!<br>
Please don't hesitate to add something to the discussion if you think it's worthwhile. We can always use new angles of insight. (This goes for everyone!)<br>
<br>
<p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Salve Australis,<br>
<br>
By all means do post on the forum. Everyone should add their two <i> sestertii</i> worth to the discussions.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
Frank from Frankfurt/Main Germany (Germania Superior), just a few miles away from the wellknown Saalburg.<br>
the legions garrison in Mainz is also just a few miles away<br>
<br>
roman history is my leisure time hobby and re-enacting is a spin off of my second hobby: archery (interested in ancient archery: check out atarn.org)<br>
<br>
i am a new member (still on trial) of cohors xxxii vcr (proven to have been stationed in the Frankfurt Region/Heddernheim) ( www.coh-xxxii-vcr.de ) where i will impersonate an archer (what a surprise).<br>
<br>
in general i am not to fond of military issues but those romans got my attention. even paint tin miniatures. someday i hope to have the whole legion together on display but of course a 5000 tin pieces paint job may take a while ;o)<br>
<br>
this forum is a blast and i am happy to know it! <p></p><i></i>
Hi Frank,<br>
Welcome to the board! Good to have another modeller on the board. What scale are they?<br>
<br>
<p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi Frank,<br>
I live in Heidelberg so we're "neighbors" eh? Maybe you can join us (me and Jasper and Sander) when we go to Mainz to see the Roman museums. Welcome to the board!<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi all together!<br>
<br>
Will be very happy to join You for the Mainz endeavour. The museums are.....ok....hmmm...nice; gues there are better ones, anyway.<br>
<br>
If you like i also can show you the remains of the grave monument of our great general Drusus in Mainz (well, in fact nowadays a really pathetic looking heap of stones).<br>
<br>
The place of the legions camp was totally covered by the univercity's hospital so there is nothing left to be seen there (except for some streetnames in that area that hint on romans). But in the middle of Mainz they found a previously unknown temple (Isis i think).<br>
(anyway; when somebody digs a hole in Mainz they will almost certainly find something roman ;o)<br>
<br>
Good to be here!<br>
<br>
Greetings<br>
<br>
Frank<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=safran>safran</A> at: 12/20/01 1:05:06 pm<br></i>
Hi everyone!<br>
I first came across romanarmy.com a few weeks ago and found myself coming back more and more often, so I thought this a good reason to join. I' m a graduate student at the University of Cologne/Köln/Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium, the former provincial capital of Germania Inferior, and my actual work and main field of interest are the roman provincial fleets in general and the new excavations at the fleet headquarters at the "Alteburg" in today's Köln-Marienburg (3 kms south of the Colonia on the left bank of the river Rhine) in particular. Furthermore, I'm interested in (nearly) all aspects of roman provincial life, civilian almost as much as military - and the books about it. I'm looking forward to the discussions, exchange of opinions etc. etc. with the people inside and outside the Imperium Romanum which form this community - Avete!<br>
<br>
Martin/Magister Navis <p></p><i></i>
Welcome Magister! We have a number of threads, as you've probably seen, on the navy, and some very knowledgable members. Have you seen Sander's archive of posts? There may be a thread on the navy that you haven't seen yet. <p>Aulus<br>
Legio XX<br>
ICQ 940236
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Hi Martin,<br>
Welcome to the board. Good to have someone else with an interest in the navy 'on board'.<br>
<br>
<p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Yes, I'll add my "ahoy" to the chorus and welcome to Magister Navis! So many new friends, wonderful to have you with us...<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Responding back to Femina Equitia, I found this on Roman riding techniques from the 'Trajan's Cavalry' website: He compares Roman riding to modern dressage in the skill and subtlety needed to control a horse not using stirrups<br>
<br>
www.trajan20.freeserve.co.uk/page7.html <p>Aulus, Legio XX.
the High Noise, Low Signal person for RAT.
ICQ 940236
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?