Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW RECRUITS
Ave!

My name is Clayton, but I am known by few in the Roman community as Lucius Valerius Homulus (LEG II AVG COH I & LEG IX HISP <TX>), I have been interested in Rome and ancient history for well over a decade, but was introduced to reenacting about a year ago by a good friend of mine who is a member of LEG II AVG COH I, unfortunately I had to move to Texas before I could get very active in the organization's activities, but here in TX I have gotten hooked up with Doug Mather and LEG IX HISP and am looking forward to getting involved further with the unit and learning more about early Imperial Rome. I hope to expand my knowledge of Roman history and be able to share the knowledge that I have and gain with others. I look forward to many a long hour on RAT in the future digging through info and adding a piece of the pie here and there... Well, there is my two cents worth... and hello everyone!
To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before. (Marcus Aurelius)

LVCIVS VALERIVS HOMVLVS
(Clayton Braswell)
Wellcome to RAT , Lucius Valerius Homulus.

What's meaning "homulus". A little man?
Quote:...unfortunately I had to move to Texas before I could get very active in the organization's activities...
Good to have you in the community here. Having lived in Texas (Austin's a great area) I found this remark you made in passing entertaining. Of course, I know what you mean--and it's wonderful that you found another legion to join there. Look forward to seeing your postings here.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Ave,
Yes, Homulus means "little man".... at full height I may be able to eek out 5'2 on a real good day, but most of the time it's 5'1... I thought the name fit...
To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before. (Marcus Aurelius)

LVCIVS VALERIVS HOMVLVS
(Clayton Braswell)
Quote:Ave,
Yes, Homulus means "little man".... at full height I may be able to eek out 5'2 on a real good day, but most of the time it's 5'1... I thought the name fit...
Height is not the measure of a true man. In fact, no physical features communicate the substance of a man's genuine character. Once again, welcome.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
I am a Historical Reenactor for Legion III Cyrenaica in the New England area. I am from New York and I have been interested in the Romans since High school. I have never been to Rome, but would love to go. I love the military aspect and especially the Teutoburg Forrest disaster. I am shooting for signifier in my legion and I hope soon too.
Welcome home Sempronious.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Faventianvs,
Thank you sir, I am happy to be here and to learn about what we are all so passionate about. I have not met a better group of people than my fellow Romans at Reenacting events. I hope someday we all find our selves under the eagle at a national or worldwide event.

Bellator
That would be great.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:I am a Historical Reenactor for Legion III Cyrenaica in the New England area... I love the military aspect and especially the Teutoburg Forest disaster.
A very interesting preference for someone who places himself in the role of a legionary! Smile Welcome.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium