Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I presume you quote from Tennese Williams.

"There is only one regret that moves these expatriates...
They've forgotten what blushing means: Shame has been driven out
From Rome wth catcalls..."

R. Izard
Tennessee Williams? The fictional archaeologist? ( Or was that Kentucky Evans?) Nay, lad! I was quoting the Immortal Bard of Avon, William Kickarsewithaquill Shakespeare, in "Romeo and Juliet". Hanged if I can remember the Act and Scene reference, now... III, iv? Ah! III, ii, line 90.
Nurse: Shame come to Romeo!
Juliet : Blistered be thy tongue for such a wish!
&c.
The archaeologist you speak of was Nevada Smith. He was also ran for president on the vegetarian ticket.

So who is this "Bill the Quill" you refer to?

Ralph
"Bill the Quill", aka Willy Waggadagger, aka Johnny Factotum, aka The Bard of Avon aka The Immortal Bard ( for short) aka William Shakespeare.
Famously wrote some of the most moving literature ever produced by man. His work is quoted by those who have never read it ( e.g. "All's well that ends well", "Wherefore art thou Romeo?", "The play's the thing," etc. etc. etc.) It rings with steel and calls like a clarion, its rhythms and cadences as seductive and powerful as the sonorous declarations of the King James Bible. "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day, and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the road to dusty death."

"....Oh, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!
It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night like a rich jewel in an Aethiop's ear,
beauty too rich for use, for earth, too dear..."

Okay, Tennessee Williams, yeah "A Streetcar named Desire", "Cat on a hot tin Roof", right? "The Glass Menagerie"?

As to Nevada Smith and his Vegetarian Party; wasn't his running-mate Kentucky Freid-Tchikken?
If Shakespeare had to go on an author tour to promote Romeo and Juliet, he never would have written Macbeth.
Joyce Brothers :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Any thoughts on the Leonardo DiCaprio movie from -96?
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Quote:Any thoughts on the Leonardo DiCaprio movie from -96?
Romeo and Juliet........from what I can remember..it was not too bad, my daughter was a Leon de Crapio fan at the time....so every video going passed through our player...lol
A film I particularly liked was Shakespeare in Love with Joseph Fiennes and Gwyneth Paltrow ...... I will get the dvd at some point
[url:236egt0f]http://www.cinetropic.com/shakespeare/[/url]
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-