Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTW gold: Barbarian invasions and mods
I wonder, is there any mod on the Barbarian invasions game similar to Roman Total Realism?
AKA Inaki
Rome Total Realism are working on RTR 7, but I think this will still be based on the 'Roman' period rather than the 'BI' period.

It will just use the newer graphics, etc that the BI update(s) provided.

Check their website for the latest details.

www.rometotalrealism.org
Max Attenborough
Yes there are,try www.twcenter.net however it appears that they are having a server issue today.Which is a bummer as i wanted to download the latest SPQR mod! Cry Cry Cry
Timeo Danaos et Dona ferentes

Andy.(Titus Scapula Clavicularis)
Quote:I wonder, is there any mod on the Barbarian invasions game similar to Roman Total Realism?

No realism mod for BI has been released yet, but the Imperia Romana mod is in development. Work is progressing slowly, but it is aiming to make BI far more realistic. I'm helping as a researcher on the Germanic and other barbarian factions.
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong
Good for you. So there's one waiting in the wings? I heard there had been some troubles on the team..

Anybody read this before? Goths All factions Mod V2.3 for Rome Total War barbarian Invasion V1.6
[Image: post-2542-1143287817_thumb.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Good for you. So there's one waiting in the wings? I heard there had been some troubles on the team..

The leader and one of the most active modders, Stalin's Ghost, has had to withdraw due to personal commitments. I'm trying to help kickstart things by adding as much as I can about the barbarians. I'm sure offers of help from other people would be gratefully accepted.

Quote:Anybody read this before? Goths All factions Mod V2.3 for Rome Total War barbarian Invasion V1.6
[Image: post-2542-1143287817_thumb.jpg]

It looks okay, but some of those skins are a bit weird. The 'Chosen Axemen' are all using two-handed axes, which are anachronistic for the period. And some of them have long hauberks which look more Tenth/Eleventh Century than Fifth Century.

I'll be adding some suggestions to the Imperia Romana forums to make the barbarians more varied and more distinctively Fifth Century.
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong