Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive gathering in Germania in 2009
Quote:And perhaps, with engagment of Fectio it would be for sure 4 and more countries.
Why not? But would that mean we're going multi-period?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Tib. Gabinius:3w1istyn Wrote:And perhaps, with engagement of Fectio it would be for sure 4 and more countries.
Why not? But would that mean we're going multi-period?

Multiperiod?! Hmmmm... Interesting.. 8)
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Hello fellows,

I was in “campaignâ€
Primus Inter Pares

Cetobrigus Alexius / Alexandre de Setúbal
Dear Fellows,

In the RAT Forum Chat room we have create a “Germany 2009â€
Primus Inter Pares

Cetobrigus Alexius / Alexandre de Setúbal
Hi Alexius,
The chat is always for RAT members only, even the public areas.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Avete!

Must have missed this thread before! I voted. It would be REALLY COOL to go to Germany for an event in 2009!! I think several Legio XX members would be interested in that, and we'd even make a couple more Augustan-era shields and other items to fit the time-frame better.

Money would be the big deciding factor. If someone else is paying for travel, etc., that makes it MUCH more likely that I can attend, as well as other folks. The other big question would be how to get our equipment there and back, though I know there are solutions to that. (Logistics always gives me the willies!)

Don't take a lack of response on this board as an indication of overall interest! Most Legio XX members are not active on RAT, and that may be the case in many other groups.

Looking forward to more details!

Valete,

Matthew
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Well, I would definately attend if my schedule premitted it.
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Who told you to die! Keep fighting!

If anyone knows of anything in Long Island, New York please tell me.
LIke Matt Amt, I would love to go to Germany in 2009 - I would even without a major gathering. But, to get a whole lot of us together, WOW!!!

It is presently a goal of mine to get to Germany in 2009, somehow, someway.

Like Matt also, the logistics of getting gear over to Europe (and back again, too) gives me the "willies". I, too, will work toward getting the best possible Augustan era impression together for 2009.

Quinton/Marcus Quintius Clavus
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
This sounds like a great idea.I'd seriously consider it ,too.
Anybody check with LegioPrima? I'm sure they'd be interested.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Avete!

Well good to see the growing interest Big Grin

I can only say, that if there will be a Varus 2009 event and we will be invited then we will go (Legio I Adiutrix) definitely with a number of 1 centurion, 1 optio, 1 vexillarius and 1 signifer plus some 7-8 legionaires and 3-4 auxiliary infantry (that is our current number but of course it can change until then).

What's more I can discuss this with the folks from Legio XV Apollinaris, another Hungarian group, located in Szombathely/Savaria with some 20+ members (sorry I've never counted them). I'm 99% sure they would also come happily.

But something came into my mind?
What about the germans (I mean the barbarians)? Is there any real chance to get them in overhelming numbers? It would look extremely odd if some hundred romans would be massacred by, let's say, 15 germanic wariorrs :roll:

And I think somebody should contact the Italian legions and ask them. I Italica and XXX Ulpia Traiana both have numbers! :wink:

Just my two cents
Valete,

József Janák
Miles Gregarius
Legio I Adiutrix
Pannoniciani Seniores
Brigetio, Pannonia
Quote:It would look extremely odd if some hundred romans would be massacred by, let's say, 15 germanic wariorrs

Did I miss something? I don´t want to be massacred :twisted: , especially not by 1st c. Barbarians while I wear a 3rd c. dress. No. Really not.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Well... er ...of course, you are right! :oops:

I forgot to mention:
being massacred will be only an optional program...
Big Grin
Valete,

József Janák
Miles Gregarius
Legio I Adiutrix
Pannoniciani Seniores
Brigetio, Pannonia
There arent enough serious german "tribes" for the first century.
At least i just know two or three groups and they arent big numbered.
So a kind of "battle" between germanics and romans will not be, or at least, should not Wink

While all the names which were fallen in here i m a little bit nervous about the time while someone ask for quality. :roll:

I think, we should collect interested groups for some several weeks and then, with the help of the "non-rookies" of european "politics" should start to plan.
real Name Tobias Gabrys

Flavii <a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
& Hetairoi <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hetairoi.de">www.hetairoi.de
Quote:There arent enough serious german "tribes" for the first century.

At the risk of suggesting an anathema, couldn't we ask Celtic groups to possibly add to these numbers?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello,

be sure, there will be enough "barbarians" for all of you.As my main job is supplying "barbarian " weapons I can tell you there will be enough of "US".
I already have a lot of orders on 1th century gear for that 2009 event.And as it has always been.... we will not arrive in "big formations" -but be sure we will be there.Hope there are enough of you ,too Big Grin D D D
Already know of a merovingian group buying totally new equipment for that event.

Greetings Karl

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roma Aeterna - Gathering of the Legions mauritiuscomellus 51 10,008 08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Last Post: vipsania