Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive gathering in Germania in 2009
We did not complain, we talked about safety problems. All in all safety is integral and important part of our hobby. It may be helpful in the future for the event director.

Quote:I can. With enough padding between the head and the helmet, you can dent a helmet without denting the head.
OK: "let's not get carried away with claims of paddings and who has an imagination and who has not" ;-) )

Well, I'v been using padded helmets for 10 years. I'm just curious how big damage cosed such a big problem. Can somebody describe it? Or show? It could be also useful next time. If there is no chance for that - EOT.

I'm just trying to understand the way of thinking about the "historical fight shows" in other countries. Otherwise, how can I know which scratch is to big, hit to hard etc? That's all.
If there is no chance for that (not a place for this kind of discussion) - EOT. Throw away my posts. I do not want to waste my (and your) time. Smile
Wojciech Wasiak (Votava)
HARJIS / DAGOME
Quote:I'm just trying to understand the way of thinking about the "historical fight shows" in other countries. Otherwise, how can I know which scratch is to big, hit to hard etc? That's all.
If there is no chance for that (not a place for this kind of discussion) - EOT. Throw away my posts. I do not want to waste my (and your) time. Smile
Don't get carried away. Who said there was no place for a discussion here? Certainly not me. My remark about complaints did not refer to your post anyway, but to the general line the discussion had been going in for the past days. But if you want to continue and discuss this (and Iagrre that it is a valid discusssion), can I suggest that you open a new thread, especially for that? It seems that that topic is wider than the Kalriese 2009 event.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
@ Votava
1. again, you forget your real name in your Post (not Prost, sorry)
2. I never wrote that my helmet is wrecked, i wrote that an over-zealous german germanic hit my helmet 3 times with his shield and that there is now a dent in the side, nothing more!
3. Hm, there were something like referees. For the germanics, Ghandi make this job, for the romans Harald (i believe that was his name) from XXII Primigenia.
4. The difference between your hobby and my is that you fight often in shows (and get hurt) and i´m fight seldom in such shows (in about 10 years only 3 times), because my hobby is in Germany called "Museums-Pädagogik". That means that i went with my group to museums and show the Visitors the live of roman soldiers in nearly all aspects, from Camp-Life to Marching-Exercises, but whitout fighting! Our "beloved" equipment is to expensive to get battered during fights against others, i wrote that some posts ago, because we need this equipment to show the visitors of museums the romans as real as possible.

BTW, it sould called Ahenobarbus, but it was writing mistake like Prost.
Marcus Iulius Chattus

Me that ave been what i´ve been-
Me that ave gone where i´ve gone-
Me that ave seen what i´ve seen-
...Me!
(Rudyard Kipling)
Quote:3. Hm, there were something like referees. For the germanics, Ghandi make this job, for the romans Harald (i believe that was his name) from XXII Primigenia.
I would rather suggest one referee per unit, not per army. It would be easier to coordinate the scenario and control situation. Fight-show was cool anyway. I was more than happy to take a part in this battle.

Quote:can I suggest that you open a new thread
That's a good idea. Other ideas about ancient fight-show rules in new topic.
Wojciech Wasiak (Votava)
HARJIS / DAGOME

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roma Aeterna - Gathering of the Legions mauritiuscomellus 51 9,991 08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Last Post: vipsania