Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status quo of the Imagebase
Two more: a marine or sailor from the Misenian fleet and Leubius, a cavalryman from the Ala Sebosiana. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Three more added, a tombstone with the decorations of a centurio, a katafractarius and a archer of the Singulares Augusti. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
And two more, one infantryman and one cavalryman of Dutch descent. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Two more in the imagebase, one engineer and one soldier or sailor connected with (probably) the Classis Germanica. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
And three more. One signifer of XIIII GMV and two soldiers of the cohors I Sagittariorum. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
If Sander is a hamster, you are definitely the Energizer Bunny! Great work, Jas.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
One more. If anybody knows the inscription reference of one Caius Valerius Secundus, miles legionis of Legio XIIII GMV, please let me know, as I don't seem to be able to find it.<br>
<br>
Maybe that's because it's Saturday... <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
And three more from Worms & Cologne.<br>
<p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Five new guys added to the imagebase, all from Xanten. (Marcinus has been removed again, no equipment or soldier shows on his stone) <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jasperoorthuys>Jasper Oorthuys</A> at: 6/23/03 6:30 am<br></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Three from Britain, among them Facilis, added to the imagebase. Thanks Mark! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Two more, one unknown eques from the British Museum, another one from Worms. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Two more, Argiotalus from Worms and an unknown soldier from Mainz. The count is at 50 now, yay! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
That is really wonderful work, Jasper. This imagebase is a unique resource for academics and students worldwide!<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
But it ain't half finished yet! If anybody has fitting pictures laying about, I'd love to get a copy!<br>
Two more added: a mounted draconarius and a very much worse for wear cavalryman. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
This imagebase is indeed a valuble source of anybody. I really like some of the tombstones, very beautiful made. Gives you a good idea of the different uniforms. <p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman soldier tombstones imagebase MagistraF 8 10,103 06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Imagebase for Tabula Ansata 66kbm 0 4,323 04-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Last Post: 66kbm