Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Army School - free place going
Due to unforseen circumstances that I must address over the following week, I cannot make it to the Hadrianic Society's Roman Army School at Durham University, UK, which I had already booked.

The course runs from this Sunday 26th to Thursday 30th March (that's most of next week).

Here's a link to it

Roman Army School

I did not opt for the accomodation, so you would need to sort that out yourself I'm afraid. However, the fees for the course are fully paid, to the value of something like £145, which I cannot get refunded.

Essentially, I'd hate to see the place not be used, which is why I'm offering it for free. Unfortunately, circumstances dictate the very short notice on this offer.

It's jampacked with presentations by the likes of Peter Connolly, Nick Hodgson and David Wooliscroft.

If there are any takers email me at tarbicusATaol.com (replace AT with @) and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

You would also get the chance to see Graham Sumner's fine exhibition.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
So many of us are chewing our legs off at this one. I didn't know about the Hadrianic society before, so this is worthwhile knowing any way.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Kate Gilliver posted it on RAT a short while ago.

I've already chewed my leg off and am beating myself to death with it now that I can't go :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Some of the famous people will obviously be there, like Goldsworthy himself! *Faints* Confusedhock:

It's a shame that the entrance fees are that high...
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Quote:It's a shame that the entrance fees are that high...

Well, it does include meals (lunch and dinner) and refreshments, and factor in the cost of the venue itself and administration fees I don't think it's too bad. I seem to remember you can opt out of the meals as well (at least it rings a bell), or go for a higher priced option which uncludes accomodation.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2024 Renatus 0 347 11-18-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2023 Renatus 1 521 12-28-2022, 08:12 AM
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2020 Renatus 1 7,679 01-10-2020, 05:36 PM