Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting gladiators on the workbench of Pegasus in 1 : 72
Avete omnes,

I found this website with some really nice and very well animated gladiator figurines - including even gladiatrices and dwarfs. Also the depiction of the jugula reminds me to the Osprey book about gladiators illustrated by Angus McBride. Astonishing that the final figurines will have the scale of 1 : 72 (around 24 mm high):

[url:28s7b7fp]http://panzer46.com/Gladiators/[/url]

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Beautiful! Thanks Uwe Big Grin

72nd scale? They're better sculpted than many 54mm figures.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Hi Jim,

You are a fast replier! I agree totally with You, and obviously this manufacturer will release another set 'Romans' this year:

[url:1kc9671p]http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/FutureReleases.html#PEG[/url]

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
... about the scale: I think the gladiators on the photos are originally in a larger scale. They are obviously sculpted in a scale larger than 1/72nd and will finally be sized down technically in a way that I don't know.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Very nice!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
i had the honour of meeting the perry-brothers (who make miniatures for Games workshop etc.) and asked how this was done:
- metal miniatures are made 1:1 (a 54mm miniatures is made on the same scale)
- plastic miniatures are made 3:1 (so a 1/72 miniature is first made as it was 3 times bigger. This model is scanned into a computer which scales it down to the right size)
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
That's fun! I want such a tool Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auxiliary \'from the workbench\' Praefectusclassis 13 3,166 03-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis