Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Festival registration
Quote:Stefanos,

Yesterday evening at 9pm on the History Channel there was a digging for the truth episode about Troy. On there, the guy went on a reproduction bronze age chariot and shot arrows and threw spears at a target with decent accuracy. So, it is possible to perform these acts from a moving chariot, the only problem being that his target wasn't moving also.

Cheers,
Adam

We know those things can be done, but Gioi was discussing using the chariot in re-enactment against people, I think, which requires much more control.
Thanks to all those of you who have re-registered so far. Someone seems to have had a problem - the entry has no name or other details. If it's somone here, can you amend it, please?
Paul, you should encourage all Hoplite Association members to register to RAT. Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
You're right! I have mentioned it to a couple of them, but I'll now notify everyone. [Dashes off to do it]
I just need to buy my flight ticket, the passport I would have soon!.

Then I will asure you I will come!...

BTW: So we may not have a horse either... its ok!

I may ask you Paul if you can be my piggy back? :? D

You go to the Gym, so I'm sure you can handle my weight! :twisted:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/C ... Mqs_ph.jpg

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:You're right! I have mentioned it to a couple of them, but I'll now notify everyone. [Dashes off to do it]

Thanks, Paul.

It'd be nice to have them around!

And Gioi, the photo you linked to must have been mounted in PhotoShop, don't you think? Confusedhock:

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

Quote:I just need to buy my flight ticket, the passport I would have soon!.

Then I will asure you I will come!...

BTW: So we may not have a horse either... its ok!

I may ask you Paul if you can be my piggy back? :? D

You go to the Gym, so I'm sure you can handle my weight! :twisted:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/C ... Mqs_ph.jpg

Yeah, but I'm not sure I want to!
Greetings Comerus,
Quote:No I say so may Arthes do some combat!, I feel bad when she say she would love to fight, but she cant Sad ...what do you think?
someone I know has asked for details of the bows, they may be able to make one....if I can get the correct wood and stuff... will see what happens there first.....then I have to relearn the art of using one....otherwise it will literally be hop lites or should I say hop 'a' lons.... :roll: :wink:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Dont forget the rooftiles! :twisted: :twisted:
Kind regards
Dont worry Arthes you having your bow or not!, I will be your shieldman, I would not let nobody harm you, I would nock them out & you can finish them & kill them!!! Big Grin

Or if you got the bow it would be the oposit, you wound them, I finish them! :twisted:

Even if we have to die at Thermopylae :roll: ...then it would be a honor die nex to you Big Grin

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:Dont worry Arthes you having your bow or not!, I will be your shieldman, I would not let nobody harm you, I would nock them out & you can finish them & kill them!!! Big Grin

Or if you got the bow it would be the oposit, you wound them, I finish them! :twisted:

Even if we have to die at Thermopylae :roll: ...then it would be a honor die nex to you Big Grin
Thank you......... :oops: :oops: :oops: Big Grin
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Awww, I can't wait to meet up with you guys; we are indeed a great bunch of people. Big Grin

Roughly two months left!

- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

When is this event going ? Maybe I can drop by, when I can find the money... but is will be without armour, unfortunately (since I haven't got one Sad )
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme
Welcome to RomanArmyTalk, Ramesses II!

The Festival will be held in Watford, Hertfordshire at 3-4 of June.

More information is available at the official Festival site: http://www.webspawner.com/users/ancient ... index.html

Hope to see you around! Smile

- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

Hope to come over too Wink But I'm afraid the money is the biggest problem...
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ROMEC 2007 registration extended to 31 december 2006!!!!!! MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 0 1,177 12-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS