Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotel choice for the RAT conference in Augsburg, November 06
Choose the hotel you like best. I'll ask at the hotel with the most votes for cheaper rates. Deadline is March 31st.
Here you can get more info on the hotels.
I recommend Hotel Am Rathaus, Altstadthotel Ulrich, Dom Hotel, Romantikhotel Augsburger Hof (!).

Cheers!
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Uhm, Caius, are all those hotels near the city center/train station/museum/projected meeting place?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
More or less. The ones I suggest, yes, all. However, the Strassenbahn system is very good in Augsburg.
Christian K.

Salve Cai Tarquiti,

Do you already know an exact date of the RAT Conference? And if I decide for a hotel does that mean it's already a firm booking for the conference?

I think it's quite early to decide already now if I can participate, which I'd love to, but I have some other dates which I have to attend in the year and I have to see how it all goes.
No, you don't book by just voting, where you'd like to go. This is simply to find something, which is convenient for everyone.
Christian K.

So: Shall we go for Jakoberhof?

If I want to get any cheaper prices, I should start asking...

We will also need a conference room. Would something between 4 and 10 Euros per member be fine for renting a room for two days?

Also: Will we need a beamer, overhead and so on? I guess yes... Tongue

Please lmk what y'all will need, the stuff needs to be organised.
Christian K.

Sounds good to me!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Salvete Omnes,

I post here now because on top of this thread is the list of the hotels and the link to the hotel reservation page in Augsburg.

Since the suggestion by Caius Tarquitius the Top City Hotel am Kö is not the cheapest but sounds very nice when checking the page I wonder if we all should either post here, how many rooms we require and if single or double, or if we should send Caius PMs with this information. And that he could check then with the hotel if they consider us a group despite the different arrival times and grant us maybe a special discount.

Valete,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT Conference November 17th-19th 2006 caiusbeerquitius 112 39,101 01-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  RAT Conference date in November 2006 caiusbeerquitius 15 7,832 08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Lecture Proposals for the RAT Conference November 06 caiusbeerquitius 18 7,639 08-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Last Post: richsc