Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka is willing to improve
Welcome onboard, Gagan! Big Grin
Al we re-enactors duly appreciate your constant desire of improvement.
[Image: helmet2.jpg]

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Greetings Gagan,
great you re here to find out the problems.
I really have a problem with your calligae.
Plz take a look at the founds of Mainz (Germany), perhaps one of the more experienced forum user here can post a picture in here.

Also some more, and mre authentically versions of pugiones would be very comfortable. Also in here, Mainz would be a good source.

There are many other, small problems, and on many sides they are managed. Try to google for "de-deepeekaing" or somewhat like that Smile

Thank you a lot for the work you ll make yourself.
real Name Tobias Gabrys

Flavii <a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
& Hetairoi <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hetairoi.de">www.hetairoi.de
I look forward to more product improvements in the future. r (past & future Deepeeka product consumer)
Hi Dagan!
Read this thread :www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4288&highlight=

And please take this out of your program:
[Image: 6064b.jpg]
The helmet never existed like this in Roman times...

More to come.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
It might be helpful to do a search of the forums, using the keyword Deepeeka to find many comments, both complementary and critical of the various offerings from Deepeeka.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
One Item I want to improve is the Crests. I have now a Deepeeka Crest and a Albion. I love the albion more, simple because it has a wooden box. If you want to improve your crests, see [url:3537p6ws]http://www.larp.com/legioxx/crests.html[/url] for more details on the Crest box. Overall I must saqy I love your items as is, but still you could improve items and add some new good items!
ALA I BATAVORUM
Just pointing out to everyone that Deepeeka now has a subforum in Marketplace. I suggest using it for individual threads on individual products.

If you are all willing to wait, I could set up the threads for each Roman item in their catalogue, including the Product Code. Then all you have to do is find the appropriate thread and post suggestions there.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Done. Enjoy.

I haven't done Greek though. Yet. If someone else wants to....
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Just don't ask Depeeka to do polka dotted tunics.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote: I could set up the threads for each Roman item in their catalogue, including the Product Code. Then all you have to do is find the appropriate thread and post suggestions there.

Many thanks, Tarbicus. Big Grin

Gagan's kind offer gives us a unique opportunity, but I suspect it will be all too easy to overwhelm him with varied and perhaps competing requests. Your thread system is a good method of giving constructive feedback on the existing Deepeeka range. We may also be able to discuss the development of viable future products.

Rather than leaving him to search through previous discussion for varied opinions, let alone conduct research on primary evidence, may I also suggest that we attempt to update and summarise our various priorities before submitting a collective request which stands the best chance of being cost effective for Deepeeka and for us as subsequent consumers.

I imagine you will be able to envision the most effective way of organising such a summary discussion, possibly in a separate section of the Deepeeka subforum capable of adding intelligibly to the fine work Dan has been doing. What do you think :?:
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Just occurred to me that to find a specific item, instead of sifting through 5 pages of threads, go to Search, specify Marketplace for the search, and enter the keywords. That might make things quicker.

As someone posts a reply that will automatically update the subforum so that the new message is at the top of the list.

I personally think that Deepeeka need to make their own minds up about the comments made about their products. If anyone can post a link to a photograph or reference of an actual artefact no doubt that would give them a better idea of what the comment is about. If not, then so be it. Perhaps someone may like to post a list of publications that Gagan may find useful, just in case there are things missing from his own references.

I'll do the Greek threads later, as the Roman military and gladiatorial threads only took an hour to do. Thank heavens for Firefox and its multi-tabs Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Hi Dagan!
Read this thread :www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4288&highlight=

And please take this out of your program:
[Image: 6064b.jpg]
The helmet never existed like this in Roman times...

More to come.
Friedberg Helmet (copy from the RGZM Mainz, original lost in WWII, ex Darmstadt museum)
http://geocities.com/ivarmaelstrom/b-20 ... ieber8.jpg
Hope this helps a little bit...
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]