Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about other sites for other periods.
I know this does not relate to Rome, but I'm trying to avoid posting non Roman questions here and I need a place to post them....<br>
<br>
Ok...so I'm basically looking for a site(s) like with a similarly active message board but discussing Darkages/Medieval studies. Sites on egypt are also welcome.<br>
<br>
The only one I know of is forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/start/ but it's not all that active.<br>
<br>
Any suggestions? Thanks for your time. <p></p><i></i>
You could try the BBC History Messageboards:<br>
<br>
www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2...rd=history<br>
<br>
You won't get quite the expertise of the calibre you find on RAT, but it will cover most eventualities and the posters on the whole know what they're talking about. <p></p><i></i>
And if you don't find what you're looking for, do like I did: start your own! "If you build it, they will come."<br>
<br>
Good luck!<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
There are quite a few out there, depending on what you're interested in.<br>
<br>
There's the Thanes' Ring at groups.yahoo.com/group/ThanesRing/ and the Angli forum at groups.yahoo.com/group/Anglii/ both of which are Anglo-Saxon oriented. Also a UK re-enactors' list at www.livinghistory.co.uk/ which covers quite a few periods, and the NADARA list for US Dark Ages/Viking period re-enactors, at groups.yahoo.com/group/The-NADARA-List/<br>
<br>
Australians have one at groups.yahoo.com/group/living_history/ but people from other places are welcome to contribute.<br>
<br>
Then there's scholar.chem.nyu.edu/medi...iev-l.html - but be aware it's designed for academics, so us lurkers need to avoid clogging the list with off-topic questions.<br>
<br>
Depends on what you're after . . there are quite a few others.<br>
<br>
I could go on . . . <p></p><i></i>
There is also Celt stuff at<br>
<br>
groups.yahoo.com/group/IronageDarkage/<br>
<br>
Dave <p>[url=http://www.freewebs.com/davekufner" target="top]www.freewebs.com/davekufner[/url]</p><i></i>
And Late Romano/British at groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium/ <p></p><i></i>
www.armourarchive.org<br>
<br>
This is a personal favorite of mine. Lots of good stuff can be found there. Heck, it's how <em>I</em> found RAT<br>
<br>
Cavetus <p></p><i></i>