Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Army Meetup is now Live
Everyone, we have a new way to communicate. Meetup.com is one of the startup Internet companies that lets people of varying interests arrange meetings in their areas. Not the least benefit of which is that now even more people will learn about Roman Army Talk. I encourage everyone to sign up, (or at least check it out) and establish themselves as the 'person to know' in as many cities as possible.<br>
<br>
There are more of these kinds of internet functions out there; if you know of them please list them and we can go there as well.<br>
<br>
Below is the notice from the Meetup.com staff: I applied for this some months ago.<br>
<br>
Hello,<br>
<br>
This is Laura from Meetup. I wanted to let you know that your Roman Army topic is now live.<br>
<br>
You can check it out, sign up and find details here:<br>
* romanarmy.meetup.com/<br>
<br>
It may have been several weeks since you submitted your<br>
suggestion, and I apologize for the delay. There are currently thousands of topics waiting for activation, and more submitted every day. We are trying our best, so thanks for your patience.<br>
<br>
Let's get this off to a great start! In our experience, we've<br>
found two crucial elements for a successful Meetup.<br>
<br>
1) Good Venues. We've tried to get the best possible venues, but we're not perfect (yet). If you have any suggestions for venues, you can submit them here:<br>
<br>
* romanarmy.meetup.com/suggest/venue/<br>
<br>
2) Bigger groups make better Meetups. Our users have told us meeting 3 other people is great, and meeting 6 is even better If you have a website, post a link about International Roman Army Meetup Day. We made some links that you can find here:<br>
<br>
* romanarmy.meetup.com/share/<br>
<br>
Don't forget, Meetup+ members can nominate a venue directly onto the ballot. They set agenda items and publish notebooks, too. Meetup+ is a great way to contribute to your Meetup community. Learn more here:<br>
<br>
* romanarmy.meetup.com/plus/<br>
<br>
If you know other Roman Army Buffs, you can invite them along here:<br>
* romanarmy.meetup.com/tellfriends/<br>
<br>
Finally, post to sites, lists, groups, and discussion boards so other folks can find out about Meetup.<br>
<br>
Please let me know of any questions, comments, or tips for us. Thanks for the suggestion! Active users like you are helping Meetup thrive.<br>
<p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Yup, Rich, I also applied as well last week, and I'm delighted to see we are "live."<br>
<br>
It's not just a RAT meetup, either, you could end up seeing quite a few people who aren't RAT members, because Meetup is an organization independent of Ezboard.<br>
<br>
I encourage everyone who's into Roman army stuff to sign up at [url=http://romanarmy.meetup.com/" target="top]romanarmy.meetup.com/[/url] and select a venue for your city.<br>
<br>
Venue hosts are needed! In order to recommend a new venue, you need to be a Meetup Plus member, and while this is a paying service, it has a number of benefits.<br>
<br>
I'm Meetup Plus, and one of the benefits is being able to nominate new locales to meet-up in my chosen city/area.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jrscline>JRSCline</A> at: 5/21/04 10:17 am<br></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Jen & everyone, since so many of our groups already have monthly meetings, as the 20th does, these could be the start of new meetup venues. I don't know of the Meetup folks will allow private residences though, or streetaddresses. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Hmm, why not try asking and see? I think it has to be a public place, since you might not want "strangers" showing up at your doorstep, but who knows?<br>
<br>
The voting for the June meetup locations begins 29 MAY.<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
Guys, I'm in Kuwait, and it isn't listed as a country there. Any posibility to add it up?<br>
Cheers.<br>
Mowahid. <p></p><i></i>
Wow, well, I would say the only way that can be changed is by writing to the MeetUp staff. Try their website: www.meetup.com .
<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<br>
-- Niccoló Machiavelli, <em>The Discourses</em>, 1517. </p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

It'd be nice if all the raters would sign up. <p>[url=http://www.freewebs.com/davekufner" target="top]www.freewebs.com/davekufner[/url]</p><i></i>
What I would suggest people do is try to pick big cities you'd be willing to drive to, say up to an hour away, because if everyone picks their hometown, there won't be enough folks in any one place to Meet Up!<br>
<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<br>
-- Niccoló Machiavelli, <em>The Discourses</em>, 1517. </p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny