Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Museum exhibit needs Roman armour
Greetings to all !
I am a professor and archaeologist planning a museum exhibition on Roman arms and armour at our university, hopefully November-December 2007. I am wondering if anyone in the Roman Army Talk community would be willing to lend reconstructions of Roman armour or other military gear, or even originals, to this exhibition. There will be an exhibition catalogue that will feature all loaned items and the names of the lenders. If you are interested, please contact me [[email protected]] and let me know what items you could lend and their condition. We have a team of museum professionals working on this project and we will work out all necessary details. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone in the reenactment community to exhibit their Roman army gear.
Thank you!
Dr. Linda Ellis
Director - Museum Studies Program
San Francisco State University
Dr. Ellis, if you don't mind having reproduction pieces for your display, there are quite a few members in the Re-enactment and Reconstruction forum who might not mind lending you some lovely recreations of arms, armor, and kit.
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom
Thank you for your quick reply! Yes, we want reproductions. How do I reach the reenactment and reconstruction forum? [I'm new to this list.]
L. Ellis
Click [url=http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewforum.php?f=20:rm2p5ueu]HERE. Big Grin rm2p5ueu]
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Museum needs to borrow Roman army equipment for exhibit ellis 5 1,985 08-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius