Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeologists unearth Alexander the Great era wall
Khairete,
this was just posted over on another forum...... Big Grin
Archaeologists working at Dion have uncovered a 2,600 metre wall
The wall is believed to have been started by Cassander the rotten, in an attempt to emulate the structures built by Alexander. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060216/sc ... 0216191331
I wonder if this was during Alexander's lifetime or before or after he did his supposed dirty deeds on his family....?
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Then, are you sure you dont want to make a trip to Macedonia?

It's getting better & better!....For sure a future trip I will! :wink:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Well as we gather from the tomps finds the new dynasty had to do something to establishe its self. Refer to the related threads in this forum.
Kind regards
Quote:Then, are you sure you dont want to make a trip to Macedonia?

It's getting better & better!....For sure a future trip I will! :wink:
There are a few people from a forum trying to arrange one for later this year....getting prices together at the moment....if I could only manage it....Eurobus fares are cheap enough but I won't be able to walk by the time I get to Macedonia....lol
Last time Zeus was giving us a welcome (I think :? ) and I don't think I have ever prayed so much. Lightning to the left of us, stones rolling to the right of us onwards out of the storm rode the Volksvagen camper.....lol
I think I recognised the battlefield where I sat on the hillside and daydreamed last time ....Chareonea....!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
>>>>>

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:There are a few people from a forum trying to arrange one for later this year

Which forum? Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Quote:
Quote:There are a few people from a forum trying to arrange one for later this year

Which forum? Smile
forum.alexander-the-great.co.uk/
(hope that isn't against rules... :roll: )
I use a different profile name in there.... :wink:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
That forum rocks, Cristina! Big Grin

Thanks for the link.
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient synagogue mosaic may depict Alexander the Great Steven James 3 2,525 09-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ValentinianVictrix
  Massacre of Greeks under Alexander the Great foojer 10 4,997 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Paralus
  Who Killed Alexander the Great? D B Campbell 8 2,917 05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Last Post: sitalkes