Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I should be beaten with a vitis!
Greetings to All,<br>
<br>
I must apologize for having posted several times without first introducing myself. My name is John and I hail from Cincinnati, Ohio. I am interested in the Classical world largely because of my mother who lived in Turkey during the 1960's. She traveled extensively throughout the Mediterranean region and would captivate me with her memories when I was a child.<br>
<br>
I became interested in Roman military equipment after reading an article in a British militaria magazine (Military Illustatrated?...or something like this) around 1992 which described a modern reconstruction of the lorica segmentata (by a German legion if I remember correctly).<br>
<br>
Since that time I've been collecting books on the subject and wish to become active in living history/reenacting/experimental archaeology (the latter sounds so much more appealing!). Unfortunately, as of yet I have not. I am currently living in China and working as an English instructor for Chinese middle school students. This experience has been most rewarding and enjoyable, however the forced separation from one of my interests have given me a new determination to become actively involved upon returning to the US.<br>
<br>
Thanks for reading,<br>
John <p></p><i></i>
This post was intended for the New Recruits section. <p></p><i></i>
Now we really will have to beat you with a vitis! Welcome.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson