Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Lads & lasses
Hi,<br>
<br>
My other interests lie with WW I & II and martial arts and and have only recently started looking at other ezboards & forums and I would like to congratulate RAT & Roman Combat Sports for its sensible, helpful, tolerent and patient approach even when engaged in heated debate or dealing with naive questions & opinions!!<br>
<br>
I know there have been "moments" but nothing compared with the insults flung about elsewhere<br>
<br>
Give yourselves a pat on teh back !!! <br>
<br>
Conal<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
We are very well-mannered aren't we? Even the "moments" haven't been that bad, although cyber-spankings were administered (and self-inflicted, at least in my case) for acts of uncivil discourse on RAT.<br>
<br>
I think we do well at RAT because we treat our newcomers with respect and forbearance. Newbies will learn to treat others as they are treated when they first arrive at a board. If an elitist clique of vets immediately sets upon newbs with flames, reminding them scornfully of their lowly place, then those newbs will either leave, or imitate the nasty vets once they've been around long enough to shed the newbie appellation.<br>
<br>
We don't have any nasty members, or least they are not very nasty here, and the real vets are patient and kind indeed. Flames, such as they are, sputter out as quickly as they flare, because we collectively swallow pride for the sake of harmony.<br>
<br>
So yeah, I'm proud of all of you, thanks for making this place what it is. It's a credit to no one in particular, but truly to the community!<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny<br>
RAT's Cyberpaddler<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson