Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epitomator needed!
Watch out for clicking in the wrong place while creating an entry. I just lost 20 minutes worth of adding a How-To while I had a render going. :x I was asked to Save or Canacel current changes but didn't get a chance to.

Thought you should be made aware....
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Better yet, click the Apply button every few minutes, so it is saved, but you can go on writing. Or write your text in a simple texteditor first, then copy-paste into the editor screen, do layout and add photos.
Sorry about that mishap Jim!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
No fears mate. An interesting authoring tool that takes a bit of getting used to (for me that is), but pretty good.

Here's the first one: Leather working #1: Loculus and scutum cover

I ended up actually putting most of the thread in because there was so much useful stuff in there.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thanks Jim!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Im gonna be a little bit longer on the type ups, my personal laptops screen broke so im going to have to figure out how to get my files of of it before i can continue work on mine. Im using the family computer now, so hopefully It wont take to long. Sorry Guys.
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
That's ok. Hope it's not too expensive to get it fixed!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Im gonna be a little bit longer on the type ups, my personal laptops screen broke so im going to have to figure out how to get my files of of it before i can continue work on mine.
Oooooh, very bad. Do you have a spare monitor or one you can borrow, if the laptop has a video out, that is. If it comes to a no-hope situation there's always this, with your family's PC acting as the main machine:
[url:ztd4ys5r]http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/?ref=google_fr[/url]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I have a portable 300-gig hard drive, so if i can figure out the key sequence from this computer I should be able to back-up My computer. Ill have to do that anyways to get it fixed.

Im dreading looking for the repair price Cry .
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Ahhh!!!!!! $400US for the screen if there isnt a warrenty, $700 only if there is one! Confusedhock:

The difference is install. Im screwed!!
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Matt, sorry to hear of your problems. By and large, and even though I make a living using them, computers suck :wink:

On another note, if you copy and paste text from a thread that is the result of a Search, watch out for something. Basically, the bold text that is the result of the search engine highlighting the words you wanted to find will stay in the end content, even if you un-bold it in your edit.

Is there any way to get rid of this that anyone knows of?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Easiest way to deal with such things is to copy-paste into Notepad (or any other text editor) first. That kills off any code.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Yea that would do it, and if it doesnt, save it as a .txt file. Close and reopen. If it still stays they have a VERY wierd way of doing things Big Grin .
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Just a word of warning about using Mozilla Firefox to edit the articles - don't. Use Internet Explorer instead. When you try to resize a picture Firefox crashes, Internet Explorer doesn't.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Everyone please note that due to the technical problems others have undergone I'm just forging ahead with the write-ups. Let me know if this is a problem for any of you.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
And speaking of technical problems, I just re-edited the latest and resized the photos to fit the format. Intenet Explorer crashed on 'Save', as did Firefox when I tried it there. Any clues? The photos are currently too big.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!