Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epitomator needed!
Resize the photos on your own computer first.
Then use the upload function that comes with the editor if you click the image button. Then add the images to your text with the images tab at the bottom of the editing screen. Put them in the right order as they should appear in your text and put the {mosimage}-tag wherever you want one. Save.
The program will now automatically display clickable thumbnails instead of big pics.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Ahhh... I just thought those mosimage tags were an annoyance... :roll:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
No, they tell the interpretor that it needs to display the next image from the list in the images tab.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hey guys, Im still here. Im just letting you all know that for some reason I can't get the files off of my computer so I will try and start again on those threads.

Sorry again. Sad
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
At least you got your computer repaired! Will you and Jim coordinate who does what?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Matt, no problem as far as I'm concerned, but I may have encroached on your subjects, so sorry if that's the case :oops:

Jasper, I'm not comfortable with copying, resizing, uploading and re-publishing from the RA server other people's photos. Best way is to just replace the photo in the original thread with a link. It will take forever to get everyone's permissions, and hold everything up unnecessarily.

Also, as the editor has a working option to resize, as it crashes the browser when saving after doing so, and I've found (after crashing more than 4 times in the last half hour) even after deleting the images a save crashes the browser, it's definitely a bug with the software. You might consider telling the makers about it as a bug report.

Lastly, can you delete the last 'loculus' one I did so I can replace it with a new one that works. I can't find a way of unsubmitting.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Loculus is gone. And I'll keep an eye on the image editing stuff. Could be different components/bits interfering with eachother.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Cheers chief, new loculus piece submitted.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Sad Its not repaired im just using ny family computer which I have access to like 30 mins a day. what I was saying was that id restart on my threads and when i get one done ill upload it, but im not sure how long that will take.
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Jasper, rather than one person, how about a wikipedia? That way, folks contribute when they have time, and you could organize it so it could be backed up and made available off line. Reference material-wise.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:Jasper, rather than one person, how about a wikipedia? That way, folks contribute when they have time, and you could organize it so it could be backed up and made available off line. Reference material-wise.

i've seen this on another forum regarding WW1 - works pretty good!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
I'm certainly willing to think about the idea Rich. However, transferring the basic stuff from RAT to RA.com will have to be done by someone. In a sense, we're Wiki-ing already here, it just needs to be ordered.
How's the rest feel about that idea?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys