Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
satire, freedom, sacrilege, abuse
If your time is precious and your values too don't waste time and risk changing mood talking with someone that is not listening or even cares to think barricading himself behind faith and tradition. I adopt this policy towards fundamentalist christians and I feel I may do the very same with a fundamentalist muslim, jew, hindu what ever.
If the person chooses to use faith as an arguement then there is no argument.
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Quote:If your time is precious and your values too don't waste time and risk changing mood talking with someone that is not listening or even cares to think barricading himself behind faith and tradition. I adopt this policy towards fundamentalist christians and I feel I may do the very same with a fundamentalist muslim, jew, hindu what ever.
If the person chooses to use faith as an arguement then there is no argument.

I think I will agree with you here.
The most scary part though is when faith is not just used as argument but as justification....for almost anything, ranging from the most noble to the most disgusting.
Kind regards
Quote:If your time is precious and your values too don't waste time and risk changing mood talking with someone that is not listening or even cares to think barricading himself behind faith and tradition. I adopt this policy towards fundamentalist Christians and I feel I may do the very same with a fundamentalist Muslim, Jew, Hindu what ever.
If the person chooses to use faith as an argument then there is no argument.

Agreed Goffredo...It is like arguing the Crusades...eventually it boils down to faith, and you cannot argue past it. No matter what evidence you have, it comes back to fundamentalism.