Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Roman Painting
I'm continuing my series of art to be used on eventual RA.com t-shirts. I think this one looks awesome and will be especially good on a plain white t-shirt.... well assuming Robert doesn't mind being commercially exploited. :lol:

Let me know what you think.
[Image: soldaat.jpg]
-Christy Beall
WHOAAA!!

SUPERB!! Big Grin

And I always thought Late Romans looked a bit wussy .......................... :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
A-ma-zing!

You do have a knack for the threatening and aggressive. And I mean that in a good way

@Tarbicus: wussy? de gustibus... I always found Late Roman troops to be much more dangerous-looking, in a Commamndo kind of way. The long swords, the Pannonian caps and long-sleeved, stripe-decorated tunics, and above all, no segmentatae. Nothing this side of Central Asian lamellar cuirasses looks as silly as a segmentata.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Quote:well assuming Robert doesn't mind being commercially exploited. :lol: Let me know what you think.

Well I do mind!
I want at least 2% of each item sold! Big Grin

Just joking, of course - ain't I handsome?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:ain't I handsome?

Well, you are now. You have a lot to thank Christy for and maybe she should be taking money off you ... :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Looks fabulous! I'm very curious to see how the one with the early foot soldier will look! Good job!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:1wp9zn21 Wrote:ain't I handsome?
Well, you are now. You have a lot to thank Christy for and maybe she should be taking money off you ... :wink:
I would if she could do that for real, not just on a T-shirt Big Grin
And don't forget it was Jasper who took the picture in the first place!

How about this one? Big Grin
[url:1wp9zn21]http://www.fectio.org.uk/shows/vechten2005_okt8.jpg[/url]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:How about this one? Big Grin
[url:3cwnsvn7]http://www.fectio.org.uk/shows/vechten2005_okt8.jpg[/url]
Something about that picture bothers me. Did late cavalry wear helmets like that?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Something about that picture bothers me. Did late cavalry wear helmets like that?

Why not?

[Image: VORTI.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Great work, Christy! How about making a frontal picture of the Deurne helmet with some ghostly eyes staring eerily from inside :lol: !?

Regards,
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Greetings,
that is a rather stunning and good looking late Roman - do we know him... :wink: Big Grin
but is it me with a foot obsession :roll: they don't look quite right again....maybe it's those shoes.
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Hey Christy,

If it's going on a t-shirt...have you thought of combining say 3 images of legionarys from 3 different eras...giving it a greater dimension width-wise? If the pic is going on the front, it might be cool.

So the center figure would be facing forward, as is the one posted above, and the figures flanking him could be facing more to the side.

Legion: TBD
That's lovely!
Vanessa Simpson
I want one!

Tarbicus, what does wussy mean?
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:I want one!

Tarbicus, what does wussy mean?
The Faventianus translation service.... Smile
er, someone who is not 'one of the boys' especially if his wife, girlfriend, etc is around....it means a wimp, poof...not very manly!
I can see Tarby being attacked by some late Romans..... :wink:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-