Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consumers guide?
Quote:Sir, you miss my point... it is a review of one's experience w/ the vendor, not of his products. Yeah, if they are GRIEVIOUSLY bad, I can see mentioning it, but... since no one seems to have bothered to look at the link I posted, here is an example:

Got you now, sorry Marsh :roll: :oops:

Seems fair as far as I can tell.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Quote:Sir, you miss my point... it is a review of one's experience w/ the vendor, not of his products. Yeah, if they are GRIEVIOUSLY bad, I can see mentioning it, but... since no one seems to have bothered to look at the link I posted, here is an example:

Got you now, sorry Marsh :roll: :oops:

Seems fair as far as I can tell.
[size=150:2tabk6xn]:-) I think you'll like it. It'll work! And it will help our hobby!![/size]
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Quote:By the way, this was a major PAIN-IN-THE-ASS to format :-Þ Someone should appreciate my troubles... <slaps wrist to forehead...>
OK, one karma for your troubles. You did a fine job explaining the how's and why's Big Grin
But I still think what we need here (wasn't that the original question?) is a discussion of products, not vendors. I mean, we're a Roman army forum, not a vendor discussion forum.
Besides that, these are moments in time, but they live on after being discussed, which hardly seems fair if the comment is incorrect or the vendor has bettered his ways.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:But I still think what we need here (wasn't that the original question?) is a discussion of products, not vendors. I mean, we're a Roman army forum, not a vendor discussion forum.
Besides that, these are moments in time, but they live on after being discussed, which hardly seems fair if the comment is incorrect or the vendor has bettered his ways.
[size=150:370fjnzf]R[/size]obert, I don't want to have anything to do w/ doing reviews -- I am not qualified to do reviews of products... It's too open to interpretation and stuff. To me, this is just about vendors. Anyway, I think we'd probably have to have an end date on the reviews or something. I don't know. I thought that the original question was about dealers, vs. reviews of products.
Best, M
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Let the members figure it out in the poll!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I still say we can do both and be objective about both.

Legion: TBD