Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New group
Hi All ,
As you know Iam new to this forum , But I have been reenacting for some years. I belong to Roma Antiqua, I do first century Legionary .

Well Anyway , I am in the process of starting a Gladitorial School
( Ludus Claudia )Here in the North east which will be a sub - unit of Roma Antiqua . If anybody on the Forum lives around the north east or think they will be interested in this group either as Gladiator or civillian or whatever then please contact me .
We are hoping to be able to be up and running in some way for this season .

I hope to hear from some of you soon .

Pegasus . Big Grin

P.S. I asked permission before posting this add - just in case .
Paul / Verus
Good luck chap.

Dan.
Thanks Dan , I think Iam going to need it .

Pegasus .
Paul / Verus
Best of luck!

I hope you take your time to research the subject to get the pairings and their equipment right. Ridley Scott didn't ;-) ) .

cheers,

Martin
I'll Do my best .

Cheers Martin ,

Pegasus .
Paul / Verus
Greetings Pegasus,
I hope it all goes well for you and I look forward to seeing some of the displays...!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Thanks very much Arthes , I hope it all goes well To , we are just short of Fighters thats what is worrying me .

Pegasus .
Paul / Verus
Have you tried putting out a request at http://livinghistory.co.uk/
That seems to be the major British re-enactors forum. There are certainly a lot of people on it, many of them even northern (crikey!).

Good luck with your group. I hope to see them at various northern venues!
Thanks Viventius ,
Took your advice and posted on the forum , Lets see what happens .
Paul / Verus
Just out of curiosity, what kind of recreation/reenactment are you aiming at? Choreographed (stunt show like) or free fights, metal or wooden weapons?

cheers,

Martin
Hi Martin , We are putting on Choreographed Fights with Sprung steel weapons , Saftey and Authenticity is Paramont . My ocupation is Afull time Chief Martial arts instructor and fight co-ordinator so as you can understand the staged fights will be done to the best of our ability .

Pegasus .
Paul / Verus
Hi Pegasus,

thanks for the answer.

Quote:Saftey and Authenticity is Paramont

You may want to look at
Marcus Junkelmann: Das Spiel mit dem Tod.
when deciding on pairings and relative equipment. Even if you don't read German it will yield a high amount of valuable information.

cheers,

Martin