Can anyone tell me where I can get a pattern for Roman Shoes
( Girls or womens ) ?

Thanks . Pegasus .
Paul / Verus
Try here: http://vindolanda.csad.ox.ac.uk:8080/ex ... my-7.shtml
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Basically, there seems to have been no diffewrence ion pattern between civilian men's and women's shoes (but the ubiquitous caliga and calceus patterns found on the internet are, of course, military), so you can go with whatever you find and like. A book you might wabnt to look at if you can get it is:

Goubitz/Van Driel.-Murray/Groenman-van Wateringe: Stepping Through Time. Archeological Footwear from Prehistoric Times until 1800, Zwolle 2001

Also known among reenactors hereabouts as 'the anal shoebook'. It will teach you just about everything you want to know about shoes used in northwestern Europe between the Bronze Age and the 18th century, and the Roman chapter is excellent, with plenty of line drawings and patterns. I was lucky enough to get this one at an affordable price, so if you have something specific in mind I can make a digital photo (no scan, unfortunately) and send it over. Contact me if you're interested.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Hi Pegasus,

Volker's suggestion is certainly a very good one! What period/century are you looking for? There are also finds from Welzheim, 2-3 century, and from Saalburg, Zugmantel and Kleiner Feldberg, 1-2 century. I have the relevant publications here and can send you pics if you need any.

Das Ostkastell von Welzheim, Rems-Murr-Kreis. Die römischen Lederfunde. Carol van Driel-Murray. Stuttgart: 1998

Die römerzeitlichen Schuh- und Lederfunde der Kastelle Saalburg, Zugmantel and Kleiner Feldberg. Anna Lisa Busch, Saalburg Jahrbuch 22, 1965.

Römische Lederfunde aus Mainz. Jutta Göpfrich. Offenbach: 1991

Vindolanda. Research Reports, New Series. Vol. III The Early Wooden Forts. Carol van Driel-Murray, John Peter Wild et al. 1993

Hope that helps some,

Martin
Great Lads ,
Pictures would help a lot , Iam after 1st and 2nd Century Shoes .

look forward to seeing the pic Or patterns , Thanks very much .

Pegasus .
Paul / Verus
Hi Pegasus,

if you let me know your email address I'll send you some ...

cheers,

Martin
Whatever design you choose, follow instructin here, good luck:

http://www.florentius.com/calcei-main.htm

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Thank Comerus ,
Thats what Iam after Cheers M8

Pegasus .
Paul / Verus